home

Joe didn't even leave a note the next day. He got up before iris' eyes opened. He texted gwilym if he was busy so they could get breakfast together. Iris groaned as the morning light hit her eyes.

The alarm clock beside the bed began to ring signaling that she had to get up to begin her day. "Wake up, dinosaur boy." She mumbled as her hand pressed the button to silence the alarm. She looked over to Joe's side only to find it empty.

"Joe?" She called out. No answer.

Her hand moved to the nightstand beside her to retrieve her phone. She unlocked it, going through her contacts to find Joe's name. She clicked on his name and pressed the phone to her ear. After many rings, it went straight to voicemail.

Iris got out of bed and went straight to the bathroom. Her hair was a mess. She had morning breath and there were dark circles starting to form under her eyes. Even with her looking like that every morning, joe would tell her that she was the most beautiful woman in the world. But he wasn't there to tell her that.

Her phone rang from the counter. She hoped it was joe to tell her his whereabouts, but it wasn't. It was gwilym.

"Hey, gwilym. How are you?" She asked him.

"I'm doing great. Oh well good morning actually." He chuckled.

"Good morning to you too." She said. "You don't happen to know where joe went, do you? He usually tells me if he's going somewhere before I wake up."

Gwilym remained silent on the other line.

"Is everything okay?"

"You should talk to him. It might be better face to face."

Iris raised an eyebrow. "I'll talk to him if I knew where he was. Sorry if I sounded rude, but I barely woke up. Not a morning person."

"It's alright. I'll tell you where he is." Gwilym said.

"Where?"

"Back home."