iris, marriage and joe didn't fall asleep

Iris knocked the door hoping Madison would open it and let her talk. The doorknob twisted and Madison appeared with red eyes from all her crying she had done just a few hours ago. She let out a sigh. "I'm being such a selfish person, I'm sorry. I should go."

Iris stopped her from even setting her foot out the door. "No, don't. I mean, you're not selfish. You're going through something tough and I get that. Everyone has their tough times, if you're ready to talk, I'm here for you. So is mandy. She gives great cuddles, it's like she knows when someone is sad."

Madison chuckled as she saw mandy run to her and started to jump. "Thanks. Really, you're a great person. I'm surprised joe hasn't proposed."

That comment caught iris off guard. She never thought about it until Madison said it. They had only been dating for a few months and she sure as hell didn't want to rush anything in their relationship, but they did get a dog together, maybe he was like those men that knew who they were going to propose to and want to do it right away.
"Propose already? I'm lucky that he agreed to a dog first. Dogs are fine. They're great. Marriage? Who would think that's a great idea?" Iris laughed nervously.

"Iris, I know a future married couple when I see one. Joe's lucky to have you and you're lucky to have him. If he doesn't propose soon, you do it." Madison said. "Thank you for letting me cry in your room." She laughed at her words.

"Yeah no problem, I cry there all the time." Iris hugged Madison. "Don't hesitate to call or visit if you ever need anything. Take care of yourself." She let go of madison and watched her leave.

"Iris?" Madison said before shutting the door. "I meant what I said about proposing."

Mandy barked at Madison clearly liking the idea. "Wow, mandy sure likes hearing that. I'm sure you do too, but I just don't think that's going to happen anytime soon." Iris admitted.

Madison nodded understanding of iris' opinion. "I'll see you around. Say goodbye to joe for me."

She closed the door leaving iris and mandy alone. Joe was in the guest room sleeping since he had tons of meetings for upcoming projects. Iris grabbed Mandy's water bowl and filled it before she would call it a day and go to sleep.

"Goodnight my lovely furry friend." Iris turned off the kitchen lights and walked to the guest room where joe was peacefully sleeping. Or that was what she thought. He felt bad for listening in on her and madison's conversation but when the word marriage and propose was introduced, joe couldn't help but listen. The only thing he got from that was that iris didn't want marriage.

an: rip my second Instagram account... now I can't talk with the groupchat that I made :(