“Sorry that we’re not all geniuses Grace.” Liam said, winking at me before reading a few more pages in his book.

“This sucks. I hate this book.”

“No kidding.” Sammy replied, her eyes never leaving the page she was on.

I watched as Liam put down his book and approached me.

“Liam, what are you doing?”

His devious grin made me take a couple strides back. He was too quick for me and effortlessly picked my body up, throwing me over his shoulder. I kicked and screamed, digging my nails into his back.

“Shhh…the customers are going to hear you Grace.”

“What are you even doing? Put me down!”

“Come to a party with us tonight.”

“No.”

He repositioned my body so that I was hanging upside down, his strong arms wrapped around my legs.

“Agree to come and I’ll let you down.”

I sighed.

“You are evil Liam Payne.”

“No, I just know how to get you to agree to anything.”

I rolled my eyes, not wanting to go to a party but being forced to by my idiot of a friend. I still loved him though because who wouldn’t?

“Hey, I have to go help my mom with her stupid garden, I promised. I’ll see you both tonight.”

I rolled my eyes as Liam left the kitchen. When he was gone, Sammy looked up at me from her book.

“You are so in love with Liam.”

“What? No I’m not.”

“Are.”

“Not.”

“Grace I see the way you look at him. I’m your best friend and you can tell me.”

“Sammy I would tell you. I swear. I have no feelings whatsoever towards Liam in that way and I’m sure he feels the same.”

Liam’s POV

I plan to tell her tonight. She means everything to me. I am so in love with Grace Absure and she doesn’t even know it. She’s gorgeous and I can’t hide my feelings any longer. How could she not know? I feel like I make it obvious but she just doesn’t see. I don’t want to lose her as a friend because that would be the worst thing ever but I really just can’t keep this in anymore. She’s like the most amazing girl in the world; sweet and innocent and beautiful. I love how shy she is about everything. It’s so cute. I even love the way she picks fights with me and tries to annoy me. Maybe I just love every single thing about her.