~-23-~

Dean and Mel were going to meet Zack in the weight room to discuss what Dean's boss had spoken with him about. Mel was still wary since he refused to tell her what it was even on the ride back. The moment the weight room door closed behind them, Mel was greeted with arms wrapped around her waist and a head on her shoulder. She froze in surprise before her body finally regained control and she placed a hand on the back of Zack's head and on his lower back that was arched due to their new height difference. It still surprised her how Zack had gotten so tall over the last year.

"Zack?" She asked, giving Dean a worried and confused look. But he only stood there with a soft expression as he smiled gently.

"Thank you..." He whispered, tightening his arms around her waist. Smiling, Mel gave a sigh and ran her fingers through his hair.

"Of course." Zack stood straighter and gazed down at Mel who was instantly entranced by the gleam in his eyes that came with the smile he wore- however small it was.

"Ahem." Dean cleared his throat, somewhat uncomfortable with third wheeling. Sighing frustratingly, Zack let go of Mel and walked away to sit down on the matted ground near the punching bags.

"Well?" Zack asked, draping an arm over his raised knee while leaning back for support with his other hand.

"I should be the one saying that..." Dean grumbled quietly before releasing a heavy sigh and crossing his arms. "The CIA wants to plan a full sail attack on the headquarters."

"What?!" Zack and Mel say in unison, sharing a glance.

"That's suicide!" Mel cried. "Innocent agents will die!"

"McHall isn't afraid of that. And if necessary, he'll either go into hiding and use his agents as cover or fake his death. He'd be willing to risk everything to not get taken in by the CIA."

"He'd go that far?" Dean rose an eyebrow curiously.

"Well, he's got Alyssa now to take over for him now that T.R.O and B.L.A.K. merged, so it's not something he'd be worried about."

"I see." Dean held a hand to his mouth in thought. "That does make things a bit more complicated."

"Ya think? The guy has everything thought through. It's such a pain in the ass..." Zack scowled.

"Then we'll need a strategist to help out." Mel suggested.

"Good idea, but who- why are you guys staring at me like that? ... you mean I'm the strategist?" Zack asked in a flat tone as his expression dropped in annoyance.

"I mean, who else knows everything about the whole damn place?" Dean asked, looking directly into him. "It's not exactly like you'd go along with anything I planned anyways."

"Fine." Zack growled in irritation. "Don't patronise me."

"But it's so fun to finally get a reaction out of you."

"You-!" Mel held Zack back by his arms and glared at Dean to knock it off. Shrugging with a content smile, the immature adult began to leave the room.

"Let me know if you come up with any ideas. I'll be brainstorming too so don't worry, I won't be lazy." With that, he closed the door and Mel let Zack go.

"God he gets on my nerves!" Zack groaned loudly and flopped back onto the matted ground with his arms over his face.

"You're showing your true colors," Mel smirked. Moving an arm, Zack glowered at her for pressing the issue further. What was so fun about teasing him? Mel, on the other hand, wanted to take every opportunity to exploit this new-found impatience Zack was expressing. It was cute to see him get so flustered.