~-9-~

"So Shadow, where you from?" The girl with shortly cropped ginger hair who went by Blaze asked as she downed another shot at the bar of Rocker's underground club.

"I'd prefer not to say." Zack answered.

"He's Canadian." Mel said as she leaned across the wooden bar counter to look at Blaze that sat on the other side of Zack.

"Ah, the good ol' Canadia, eh?" Blaze lifted another shot glass to her lips and slammed it back down as she finished its contents.

"Why do people always mock me for it?" Zack asked himself aloud.

"Always?" Mel asked. "I'm the first one that found out!"

"Are you proud of yourself for it?" He asked, looking over at her as she finished her glass and smiled.

"I am as a matter of fact."

"Then I shouldn't remind you that I told you. Willingly."

"You two are cute!" Blaze threw her head back and laughed. "I'm glad you joined us Shadow! We've needed another man on our team. Poor Rocker and Knight have had to put up with four of us girls for quite some time." She said over the loud music and cheering that emanated from the crowd watching the fights in the ring.

"I hope you didn't drink the whole bar." A voice called as a firm hand landed on Zack's shoulder. He looked up to see Rocker there, looking over at Mel.

"Now why would we do that to you?" She asked.

"Well not to me," Rocker started. "I just know you and Blaze's livers and I pity them." Mel smirked at that.

"Jealous?"

"Not at all. And if you're still functioning, I'm gonna need you two to come with me so that I can introduce you guys to the other security guard handling the cameras."

"You don't know me at all if you had to ask if I'm still functioning." Mel chuckled, slinging her leather jacket on and following Rocker and Zack away from the bar.

"Ay, Code! How about a go-a-round when you get back?!" Blaze called.

"You're on!" Mel shouted back. "And it's Helix now!"

Rocker led them through the crowds of people and into a metal door that had an 'authorized personnel only' sign taped to it at eye level. The room was dim and had a couple comfy seats that surrounded a plain coffee table. A tall, bald man with intimidating brown eyes sat in a black swivel chair that faced the wall full of smaller screens. He wore black pants, worn vans, a dark T-shirt and wind-breaker that had the word 'Security' printed on the back in white.

"Maze, I'd like you to meet Shadow and Helix. They'll be starting on the floor tomorrow."

"Nice to meet you kids." Maze saluted lazily. "Rocker's told me lots about you, Helix."

"Well so long as it's nothing but the gory stuff, I think I'm fine with that." Mel replied. Maze chuckled at that and glanced back at the screens.

"Anyway, I just wanted to introduce you guys so that tomorrow would be less awkward. Sorry to take up your time Maze." Rocker apologized to the friendly introvert, leading the two out. "You guys get out of here now. Go have fun with the rest of the gang before we have Helix's marking." With that, Rocker walked off in the opposite direction of the bar.

"Marking?" Zack asked as he followed Mel back to the bar.

"Yeah, it's a big deal in this community when you work alongside a team. You all get the same tattoo. It kind of holds you accountable. If you get caught, all the government has to do is find people with the same tattoo."