~-15-~

"No." Zack pushed back the meds that Amber held out to him from her purse.

"I'm not gonna let you be awake for the process." She growled. "You didn't take it so well last time you tried to do that."

"No offense but medical stuff isn't your strong suite. And last time was ten years ago." He grumbled in response as he met her eyes.

"I can knock him out if it comes to that." Mel decided as she stepped over to Zack's side.

"That's reassuring." He muttered sarcastically.

"Need any help?" Rocker asked almost too enthusiastically.

"Holding down his arm and keeping watch for any staff would be great." She said, glancing at her daughter that was asleep on the bed next to Grace. "You better not wake Leah up." She glared at Zack as she grabbed the scalpel.

"Don't mess up and I won't." Zack countered, gripping the side of the chair and clenching his jaw so tight it hurt his temples as she sliced along the outer side of his wrist. Rocker held his arm down onto the platter by the bend of the wrist and middle of his forearm while keeping his head turned toward the curtained entrance.

"You said that you guys were in a Division together at really young ages." Mel commented. "I didn't know the Octagon brought in any other kids aside from Zack."

"Yeah, we were all -" A deep growl came from Zack as Amber split the wound open further with her fingers and she looked at him in readiness to have Mel knock him out. He glared warningly at her and looked down at the bleeding wound.

"It's between the tendons under the flexor carpi ulnas." He groaned and took in a deep breath. 

"The what?" Amber asked only to receive another growl from Zack.

"God! Can't you just let me do it?!" He questioned angrily.

"No." Amber snatched the tweezers off the table.

"I swear Amber -"

"Don't go there. Just point to what you mean." Letting go of the edge of the seat, Zack pointed between two muscles in the wound.

"Straight and then under."

"See? That wasn't so hard to explain." She chimed, leaning forward with the tweezers in hand. Zack's hand was instantly back to the side of the chair and his jaw clenched as she reached into the wound.

"I think we have a nurse coming to check in." Rocker commented.

"On it." Mel was out the room in a blink.

"Gah! I'm gonna kill you for this!" Zack hissed between his teeth. A low growl escaped his throat as she slowly drew the tweezers out of the cut. Zack gave a sigh of relief as a small bloodied chip the size of a phone's sim card was dropped onto the tray.

"You sure about that?" She asked, wiping the tools with the antiseptic wipes. Rocker let go of Zack's arm after he was sure that Zack wasn't going to try and kill one of them.

"We should have one of the doctors stitch you up."

"Are you insane?!" Zack hissed quietly. Amber quickly tossed the tools and hid the tray under the counter before moving to sit back at her wife's side. Rocker dashed out of the room without a word and returned shortly with the doctor Mel had been stalling.

"Your friend tells me you have an injury." The doctor said as he gave Zack an observational look.

"No, no, I'm fine." Zack denied as he looked at Rocker who stood there looking borderline innocent.