Worried

(Nathan's POV)

~And here alas,  I'm Glad I Came~

        Max had been drunkenly singing song lyrics, our song lyrics, inaccurately since our concert ended. The whole trip, to Los Angelos. Yep, four hours of listening to my drunken ex-bandmate singing our songs incorrectly. All of us are worried about how the others are going to handle being "alone" but right now, seeing how Max is coping, we're rather worried for him. But then again, it is our last night together so who hasn't had a drink? Even though I regret my choice of drink. Tonight I had the only venue drink of coke infused with alcohol, coke with flat bacardi and it was absolutely horrid!                                                                        

        "Hey, shut up!" Jay snaps unexpectedly. Max mumbles some unintelligible words but looks utterly shocked. We all do. Jay just doesn't snap at people like that. I look at Tom, another mate, and raise my eyebrows. He nods and says, "Hey Max, you are a bit shit faced. C'mon bedtime" as if Max were a child.

        Max huffed a little but followed Tom to the sleeping chamber anyway. Instantly, the tension lessened and Siva's arm was the proof. He had wrapped his arm his tightly around his fiance, Nareesha's, shoulder. I pat Jay's back nodding towards the loo. He shrugs and gets up, heading there. I follow cautiously, seeing if he wants to be alone. He notions for me to come on and I do.

        "You okay mate?" I asked tentatively.

        "Yeah, I'm just pissed we won't all be together, that me and you won't be together." He replies with a strained, broken voice.

        "I know how you feel," I respond pulling Jay in for a hug as I let a tear slip down my cheek.

        "No you don't." he half sobs, half chuckles. And with that, we both sigh.