Jimmy

A.N

I moved this to the top because I really like it, and I would like it to be the one to introduce my writing to people 

Updating early because it is quite a bit shorter than my others, but I personally like how it came out. Thank you guys sm for the support, this is only the second book (including ones I have deleted) that I've really gotten excited about updating on so yea :) enjoy 

It's quite obvious that Jimmy likes affection. A lot. It's not as if the boys mind giving it to him either. They like the hugs, the cuddling during movies, and the sweet friendly kisses on the cheeks and neck. It's just something he does, and they have gotten used to. The most accurate description of Jimmy that they could possibly muster up would be- A soft, and gentle giant.

They aren't quite sure how it started either. He is too awkward to have asked or made the first move, but somehow he has managed to get everyone on board without their realization. Occasionally, they even find themselves being affectionate with each other when Jimmy isn't even home, which shouldn't be weird, however it is. 

Jimmy plops down onto the couch beside Chris, laying his legs across the older boy's lap, his soft pajama pants warming his legs nicely. Chris's thumb skims over Jimmy's knee gently, caressing it again and again.

Chandler comes in shortly after, standing at the door before finally deciding to join in and watch the rest of the movie with them. "Scoot over".

Jimmy leans forward so that Chandler can sit behind him, now leaning against him, back against his chest, and his head against Chandler's shoulder. The three sit like this for the remainder of the movie. Warm and content, not parting from each other even once. 

The boys have grown together, in the sense, that after Jimmy came along, they have been more resilient and calmer in stressful situations, the tension in their lives seeming almost nonexistent. Even at their worst, sleep-deprived, and grouchy, they collapse into each other's beds, letting the day they had wash away.

In fact, it has been scientifically proven that human contact has many physical, emotional, and psychological benefits. One-touch can show gratitude, love, anger, compassion, sympathy. It's a language all on its own. And to think. The group hadn't experienced anything like this since they had passed the age when their parents stopped giving them such affection. When they stopped receiving goodnight kisses. When they stopped holding hands, or when they got too old to sleep in the same bed. Some things you just grow out of. But, Jimmy stepped in and took the role of love in the group. A gentle caress of fingertips to show he was there for them. And not so shockingly, the boys were happy to return the favor. When Jimmy was feeling particularly ill, Chris would give him a heating pad, and rub his back until he stopped shaking. On long car rides during winter, Chandler would make sure that Jimmy was plenty warm enough, sharing a blanket, and huddling in the backseat of the car. They're constantly there for each other.

"You okay"? Jimmy asks, looking up from his phone to watch Chris who stands quietly outside of his room. 

"Can I come in"? He looks worn out. Tired.

Jimmy merely nods, lifting his blankets up to give Chris room to slide in beside him. He immediately wraps his arms around the shorter of the two, Chris resting his head into the crook of Jimmy's neck, his tense muscles melting into the blankets, and the warm smell of candles that Jimmy keeps lit around his room overwhelming his senses calming him further. There's something different about lying quietly together, nothing to disturb them, no responsibility to each other aside from just being there. Chris wants to tell him how much he loves him. But he doesn't.

Growing up with a big family has taught Chandler a lot. One of the most important things he has learned is how to shelter himself away from people without them noticing. Hiding his feelings, and keeping his secrets hidden within himself, deep enough to where sometimes, even he forgets they're there. Secrets that are born when you are young are the secrets you make while trying to figure out your identity. Who you are and what the meaning of your life even is. He figured that if the people he spends every waking day with didn't notice when he is hurting than his friends surely wouldn't either. But Jimmy did. 

"Why are you out here"? 

Chandler turns to the door where Jimmy hugs a blanket around his arms as he glances around outside, the leaves pulling at the ground with each gust of wind. Every once in awhile, Chandler sits out on the patio. Normally in the early mornings, before the sun rises and the day officially starts. He likes the quiet; it's as if the entire world is still asleep. Like the earth had stopped turning for just a moment, allowing him to rest. Chandler just smiles, not knowing if there is anything he could say to make himself look less damaged. 'I couldn't sleep'. 'I'm just thinking'. 'I just wanted to be alone'. All point to him being guilty of being in pain. 

"Can I sit"? Chandler nods, and Jimmy sits across from him, watching intently as his friend waits for the sun to rise. "Do you always sit out here"?

"No". 

"It's beautiful". The sun barely peeks up from behind the trees making the orange leaves glow, and the beautiful, fall grey sky now a spectacular pink. Chandler just nods again, watching the magnificence of the world, wonder in his eyes. "Are you okay"?

He wants to cry, or scream. Both, maybe. He wants to explain what he's feeling, but he can't. How are you supposed to explain it to someone when you don't quite understand it yourself?  Jimmy reaches out and grabs Chandler's hand in his own, and that one touch spoke a thousand words. Words of comfort that he never would've been able to express otherwise.

Yes, it's quite obvious that Jimmy likes affection. But what he loves more is the effect it has on his friends. 

A.N

This is my first time ever really writing in the third person and I loved writing it. I did it in one sitting, and it honestly came a lot easier for me than some of the others. I love the thought of them being all soft and cuddly and oooof idek

Your thoughts, opinions, or prompts you want me to write about is always appreciated :) much love xx