Best friend

Charlie was my best friend, he was the man you could ask to do anything and he wouldn't even question a thing- sometimes that is good, others not.

"Zachie Zachie Zachie! Zachie! Listen to me! I'm more important! Zachie! Love me! Zachie!"

"Huh- what, what?"

"Can we go get ice cream? Please?"

"Yes, sure, whatever we can."

"Okay! Let's go!"

Charlie grabbed my hand and pulled me along to our favourite ice cream shop. We don't really know the name of the ice cream place because really, it's supposed to be out of business but people keep coming. It's enough people to keep it open but not enough to fix it up.

"Charlie slow down, your tripping me up!"

"Well that's just because your slow. Even my turtle walks faster."

Yes, Jojo his turtle. Last time his turtle was having the little race to see if me or the turtle walked faster, it bit me. Charlie says it's to protect them in case a bad man comes in.

Charlie's blond curly hair bounced every time he stepped because he almost skips when he walks. His big blue-purple eyes (purple is an eye colour. But green is the rarest.) squinted with his crooked smile, I wonder what it would feel like to kiss them?  Wait- no, no, no, no. I'm not gay. And he's your best friend!

SLAP

"Ow! What was that for?" Did he just slap me?

"Well, we've been a standing here for two whole minutes! Two! We could have got ice cream in that two minutes!" Charlie exaggerates, and to prove his point, he grabs me by the biceps and goes down. The only thing holding him up is him holding me. "We can still get ice cream now, two minutes isn't going to change anything."

"Okay, help me up." Charlie can't stand up because his feet are out behind him. I grabbed his hands and put them on my shoulders, but Charlie instead wraps them around my neck. I'm 6'3 and he's 5'1. Anyway, I grabbed him by the waist and— no, don't look.— pulled him towards me. Now instead of letting me go so we could go in the ice cream shop, he wraps his legs around my waist.

"Charlie.... you want ice cream? You have to let go." I explain. "Ow." Wait- did he just- he- "did you just bite me?"

"I don't know what you're talking about Zachie! Let's go in!" He said and plopped off me, doing his 'sexy gay man walk' basically it's him walking but he swings his hips a lot more than he usually does and does that model thing with his feet, I call it type rope(?) but he calls it cat walk.

"Hello! Can we get a strawberry ice cream and a..." Charlie trailer off. "Cookie and cream." I said. "Cookie and cream ice cream please?"

Soon we were handing our ice cream and I paid. Again.

"Let's go eat outside!" Charlie told me, and pulled me again. He pulled me back to my house and we sat on the roof. There's a roof over my basement door that we can get on from the patio.

We eat our ice cream and Charlie lays in my lap. Soon it starts getting dark and Charlie's almost asleep.

His eye lashes are long enough that they touch his cheek, he got little freckles on his face that are barely noticeable, his skin so pale and soft compared to my tan and rougher skin, well Charlie says it's soft. And damn...

I'm in love with my best friend.

"Zachie?" Charlie mumbles half asleep. "Yeah Charlie?" I whisper back. A smile creeping it's way onto my face. "I think I love you." He says. He tenses a little.

"I think I love you too." With that he looks up at me and smiles a sleepy smile. He grabs my head and pulls it down to his lips, our lips connect for a moment before my mom comes yelling at us to get inside.

I carried a half asleep Charlie up the stairs and into my room to sleep.

"Are we dating now?" I asked as I tried to pull his leather jacket off. "If you want to. I know I want to." He finally help me get his jacket off. "Then yes, we are dating." I smile at him and he leans up to kiss me one last time before falling back and going to sleep.

I lie behind him and also go to sleep cuddling him.