yet

And that is Crowley's cue to panic. He begins to sweat, and whips his glasses back on his head. "Well surely, more people have loved you than any regular human, you're the only being that's been on this earth long enough to meet that many people, besides myself, not that I'm exactly liked, and I slept for a century of my time here!" This all comes out hurriedly, and the demon stumbles over his words repeatedly, arms now crossed, nodding his head in a matter-of-fact manner. "Surely all the people you've met throughout history have had to have built up enough love when you combine it alltogether to be noticeable, I don't see why you're making such a big deal out of it." He rambles guiltily, and his words come out harsh. He hasn't spoken like this much at all in the past seven months, especially not to his angel, almost making him feel bad. However, he knows that he needs to be this way if he's going to save his ass.

Aziraphale is taken aback. He wonders where this attitude came from, but then realizes he was so stuck in his thoughts, that he didn't even greet his dear friend. He begins to apologize, and then notices the present so neatly wrapped upon his desktop. "Oh, Crowley, I'm so..." his best friend notices his bright eyes traveling over to the gift, and snatches it up, trying to maintain a cold image. "Anyway," Crowley says, already angry with himself before even saying the words aloud. But again, he knows it had to be done, or else Aziraphale would see the truth, and he would be mortified.

"I just stopped by to say I can't come to tonight's dinner." He plasters on a barely believable smirk, trying to lead on the idea that he's about to have a good time (and absolutely not about to go home and cry in his flat,) "I was invited to a last minute party. Celebrating the 15th anniversary of the bar I frequently visit." Aziraphale still looking somewhat bewildered at his friend's mood, nods slowly. "I see," he says, trying to manage a smile, not wanting Crowley to see how disappointed he is by the last minute cancellation. "Well I hope you have a swell time," Aziraphale finishes sweetly.

The demon can't bring himself to say any of the rude things coming to his head, so he just hums a little 'hmm' and leaves swiftly. It is the moment he starts up his Bentley that he breaks down. "Sh*t. SH*T. Sh*t, sh*t, mother f*cking f*ck sh*tting c*nts." He hasn't cursed like this since discovering he had to deliver the antichrist and that the world was ending. "Sh*t," he says one last time softly, hitting the steering wheel. And then "F*CK!" he says one last time aggressively. He knew he loved Aziraphale, he's known it since The goddamn Garden of Eden when the angel showed his character and kindness that Crowley never properly recieved from Heaven.