Chapter 15

Roz has parts of the space suits all over the floor of the Hermes as she removes what they don't need to walk around outside on the canyon floor. Ela looks all the bits and pieces that are set in little piles. "I assume that you will be able to put all this back together if we need to check the moon or take a space walk."

"No problem, it is really not that complicated, it just looks that way. All we need is the suit itself and the helmet. The air we breathe is lighter than the air outside, so the helmet will fill up with good air, forcing the heavier down," explains Roz, as she places the breather over the small air hole in the helmet where the air tube usually enters.

"The used air from our breath will be scrubbed by the filters in the top, just as if we were in space."

"Exactly," smiles Roz, as she removes her clothes and puts the suit bands around her ankles, waist, wrists and neck. She stands with her legs apart and her arms outstretched as she uses the Way to activate the suit. It flows out from the bands to cover her entire body from the neck down. She then reaches for the clothes she was wearing and puts them back on. "The power packs that heats and cools the suit is something we don't need down here; our clothes should be enough along with the suit to keep us warm outside."

Ela looks over and studies Roz for a moment. "Can we change the suit to match our natural skin color?"

Roz takes a thin tube-like device from the table and places it on the band of her left wrist. She turns the button on the very end, which activates a glow inside the tube. She keeps turning it as her suit changes color till it looks just like her natural skin. "OK, why don't you put yours on, so I can match it to your skin color also?"

She gets up and removes her clothes, so she can attach the bands, before instructing her suit to flow from them out over her body. She smiles as it does because it always tickles slightly as it brushes over the fine hairs on her skin.

Roz sees her smile and does the same as she adjusts Ela's suit to match her bodies natural color.

Ela looks down at herself. "It would be nice if we didn't have to wear any clothes when we visit the Luc's, so we would be just like them."

"You just want to run around in your fully form fitting suit, as we mingle with the natives," smiles Roz. "But if you really want to be just like them, we can use a small battery pack that will fit on our arm and supply enough power to keep the suits warm for about twenty-four hours."

Ela nods her head as she thinks about it. "How long would that take to get ready?"

Roz reaches over to the table where the control unit for her suit is sitting. "It's already to go. This is the wrist band as you know that controls the suit in a space walk situation. It regulates the energy from the large back pack we normally use along with the suit. What you may not know is that the control band has a backup power supply that will last thirty minutes in space, but here on the planet, we don't need near as much energy, so twenty-four hours shouldn't be a problem."

Ela picks up her helmet and sits it on her head. It doesn't connect to the suit because Roz has removed the band that would normally flow down and seal it to the rest of the suit. Roz does the same and looks to Ela.

She has Roz turn on the small lights around the rim of the squared off helmet visor, which causes her face to glow very similar to the light from the glowing eyes of the Luc's. "This is perfect, we look just like the Luc's, other than the bubble helmets."

Roz undoes the strap she had attached to the helmet under her chin to hold it in place. "OK, the only other piece we need is the Speech Analyzers that you have been working on. Are they ready?"