✘ Chapter 3 ✘

Chapter 3
"When one runs with the wolves, one must howl with the pack."
______

Next Day

Sam has been following me around all day and I feel he's a little uneasy. Though it was a little frustrating I was still concerned. "Sammy, what's wrong?" I questioned, stopping near the kitchen and watching as he stiffened instantly.

"I'm just scared to lose you." He mumbled vaguely and ran a hand through his hair. "Why would you lose me?" I pride further, raising an eyebrow and stalking over to him.

"I.. I didn't mark you." He blurted, wincing when he noticed my calm manner. "If one's mate is not marked.. anyone could claim them as their own." He continued, my eyes exploding in realization.

"Oh.." was all I muttered, not quite knowing what to say to him. Should I be mad? "I know, I'm sorry, I should have informed you before you agreed to be my mate. I'm sorry, Colby." He spoke in shame, running another distressed hand through his hair and sighing.

"Hey no no no, it's alright. I just... if you have to mark me then do so. But.. does it h-hurt?" I questioned in worry as I looked up at him. "Just a teeny bit. But there are.. there are different ways to mark a mate." He spoke vaguely, scratching the back of his neck as he blushed lightly.

"Oh.." I mumbled again, not quite following on. I decided not to pry and kept my mouth sewn shut. "The sooner, the better.." Sam spoke after a while gesturing to his neck a little.

"Oh! Umm, sure." I laughed nervously, allowing him to do what he had to. Sam gently pushed me against the wall -for better grip I assume- and gently tilted my head to the side. I felt his warm breath hit against my neck before he said "You ready?"

I nodded and shut my eyes tightly before feeling his being lean down closer. He placed a few light kisses on the side of my neck before the sudden, sharp sting. I gripped his arm instantly, shutting my eyes tighter as I allowed him to continue.

After a few more moments, Sam was done marking me and pulled away. "I'm sorry if I hurt you." He mumbled, pecking me once and smiling down at me. "But hey, at least you're mine now." He grinned, making me chuckle and kiss him passionately. So cute.

"I have to warn you though. I'll be much more protective of you, now. Over everything." Sam warned once he broke the kiss. I could live with that.

Time Skip

When Sam said he'd be overprotective, I didn't think he meant full on protective.

Currently, I sit in Sam's lap as we watch a movie with all the other roommates, munching on popcorn. Turns out only Jake, Brennen, and Sam are werewolves while the rest of us were boring humans. Sam is apparently the Alpha of the pack which constitutes of only us roommates.

I went to stand up, when Sam grabbed me by the waist with a growl, pulling me back down. "I'm just grabbing water, baby." I assured, calming him down. Sam grumbled for a little before reluctantly letting me go. I chuckled and walked into the kitchen, grabbing a cup of cold water before gulping it down with one go.

I sat down on the couch next to Sam, once I returned, but he pulled me back onto his lap almost instantly. Almost like an instinct of his. I chuckled as he wrapped his arms around me, making me lean back on him.

"Mine." he whispered, stuffing his face in my hair. "All yours." I whispered back.