✘ Chapter 1 ✘

Chapter 1
"The wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears."
______
I lay in bed as I stare at the ceiling, lost deeply in my thoughts. About Sam.

Sam's been my best friend for around 6 years and I just know he's hiding something from me. I can feel it in my guts. Now, he usually gets angry when another man -I'm gay- tries to get my number, hits on me or flirts with me.

But that's the least of it. Sam's become more overprotective of me and a bit more stern when it comes to making decisions for me. There's nothing wrong with that but it just confuses and worries me to certain extents. He's never acted like this before, and it's concerning.

Today is the day of the full moon and Sam -coincidently- hasn't come out of his room all day and now it's almost midnight. I hoped off my bed, stubborn enough to go see him. I put on my worn out flip-flops and walked towards his bedroom. "Sam?" I called as I knocked on his room door.

I didn't hear anything for a mere seconds so I opened the door slowly, only to find Sam kneeling on the ground, facing the wall with his head down. He suddenly snapped his head in my direction, his eyes dark and his wrists confusingly chained.

"What the hell?!" I exclaimed in shock as I walked forward. "No!" I heard a voice roar before I was yanked back into firm arms. The responsible and I fell to the ground as Sam tried charging, yanking at the chains.

He was growling and breathing heavily. Brennen, one of my roommates, stood me up and quickly led me out of the room, locking Sam's door shut.

"D-Did you do that to him?" I asked stunned as I questioned his actions. "Yes... well no. We'll explain everything tomorrow. Get some sleep and don't unlock that door." Brennen said in stern and I nodded slowly.

He sighed in distress sending me a small smile before heading to his room. I glanced back at Sam's room before getting into bed.