Emerald eyes in the night blue and the pretty red bow

Nobody knew if Lauren Jauregui was painfully shy, if she was closed off to keep people away from her, or if she simply didn’t like them.

The truth is, she herself didn’t know why either...

She hadn’t the slightest logical reason as to why she kept everyone at arms length, however shy she actually was. Her parent’s were still happily married after almost 40 years, she had never had her heart broken, nor had she ever experienced any kind of soul numbing trauma.

No logical reason for her antisocial and defensive nature, and her desire to keep people away, she just did it, and she didn’t know why.

Lauren pulled into her usual park space behind the local bar in L.A. mentally preparing herself to start her 9pm-3am shift.

She checked her make-up one last time in the mirror, and once satisfied she made her way up the back steps and through the door.

“Hi Lauren” her boss Michael said cheerfully as she walked through the door idly.

“Hi” she answered back shortly with a weak smile.

Michael smiled in return, and sighed as Lauren passed him to make her way to the lockers in the back.

Michael has known Lauren since they day she was born, he was her father’s best friend. He often received complaints from the customer’s about Lauren’s demeanour as she served them, but he always let them slide.

He knew Lauren didn’t do it on purpose, it’s just who she was. He also wasn’t bothered by her extensive tattoo collection. Both arms were the home of a sleeve full of tattoos down to her wrist, he imagined that she had more, but those were the only ones on display and that people knew to admire from afar.

It wasn’t too long before the bar was packed, and the stage had been taken by the indie band performing tonight.

Lauren was in the middle of serving a couple of steroid munching, gym junkies when a new voice behind the bar made her ears perk up.

Her interest didn’t last long, nor did she bother to look up to identify the owner of the voice, merely deducing that Michael had finally replaced the last girl that left.

While her interest in the new girl was lacking, Lauren had definitely caught the eye of the new girl.

Lauren felt a pair of eyes on her, but chose to shake off the feeling and serve the next drunken bar-goer.

“Hi, I’m Camila” the short, perky brunette kind of shouted over the music. Michael was greeted with a beaming, white smile as he looked up from his paper work.

“Ah, you must be the new girl” Michael replied, returning the friendly smile as he shook her hand.

“I wasn’t overly sure what to wear, so I hope this is okay” She said, unsure and hoping for the thumbs up. Michael briefly took in the young girls appearance, and nodded in approval. Camila breathed a sigh of relief.

She changed what felt like a million times before leaving for the first day, of her new job. She settled on a short black pencil skirt, a black blouse, and plain black canvas shoes.

She threw her hair up in a neat bun and topped her outfit off with a pretty red bow in her hair.

“I’ll show you to where you will be stationed tonight” Michael said as he lead her to the front of the bar. Her briefly gave her an run down of the inner workings of the bar, and what her job entailed. Michael also introduced her to AJ, a young blonde that would be helping out Camila on her first day.