Chapter 6 (Todoroki)

Y/N's POV:

"I-I-I," I stuttered, trying to speek but my anxiety causing me to stutter.

The boy held up his right hand, indicating for me to stop.

I took a deep breath and tried again, "I'm a... my home was... I'm sorry I suck at lying."

I whinced, covering my face slightly with the sword's hand gaurd.

"It's fine. You don't want to tell me. I'm a stanger to you after all." He replied, blinking tiredly, "Though I take it you're a traveller?"

Nodding, I kept my mouth tightly shut, hoping that my first impression wasn't too bad, not that I particularly cared about him liking me, I want everyone to like me.

"Alright. Now, did you run away from your home or were you forced out?"

"I-I've always been a traveler." I spat out, trying to hide my slight stutter,

"No. Even if you where a semi decent lyer, the way you act clearly shows your uncomfortableness with this environment."

He sat down on the floor, refusing to break eye contact with me.

"Nothing gets past me. Now tell me the real reason you're out here."

I lowered myself down to a sitting position, my eyes now mesmorised by his. I wondered if he had a mind control quirk or something like that.

"Would it help if I told you my name?" He asked, tilting his head slightly to the side, my eyes now focusing on his giant eye patch that made him even more unsettling.

I nodded silently, slowly putting the sword down in the space in between us.

"My name's Shoto, Shoto Todoroki." He said calmly, running his fingers through the white part of his hair,

"I'm Y/N L/N. And - well -  Basically..." I spat out before precieding to hurriedly explain what happened.

He sat there quietly, listening to me explain my encounter with the boy and how I'd ran away. As I progressed through my story, describing to him how I'd gotten my supplies together, his shoulders relaxing a little and his face turning from dead-pan serious to 'is this girl for real?'.

His lip curled slightly as his eye squinted, almost in slight digust at me.

"And so I loaded all the bags and stuff up and - oh, I'm sorry. Am I rambling too much?" I asked apon noticing his change in expression.

"No you aren't." He said, the cringe on his face faiding slightly, "It's just..."

He dug his hand into one of his many pockets,

"I can't believe they chose you to tag along with me." He held up annother scroll and unraveled it, revieling the second half of the map.

I gasped slighly, jumping to my feet at the sight of it.

He stood up too, now a slight look of giddiness on his face.

"Listen, don't worry about any of this any more, I'm here to protect you now and..." He looked down at me like someone where to look at a kitten,

"Wait what? No way! It can't be you!" I interupted, speeking loud enough to disturb the birds.

I scowled and shoved the sword back into my belt, sweeping up my half of the map as I did so.

"Sorry, what?" He replied,

"Nu-uh! No way! I wanted my own quest. Sure, I knew I'd have to find the other map half eventually but hey! I'd get to be free for a while, maby not be forced to be a prissy little girl for once, get to see some actual danger but noOo!" I moaned, walking over to Espur.

"'Oh, I'm here to protect you now!' Pffffttthhh." I bitched like a 5 year old, "Well guess what you two toned bean pole, There ain't nothing stopping me from doing things all on my own! I can learn to care for myself and fight too, you idiot!"

I swung myself back onto Espur's back, slipping off the other side but climbing back on rather quickly.

Espur seemed to smirk at Shoto and blow an almost mocking breath into his stupid eye patch wearing face before starting to trot back onto the main path.

Much to my dissmay however, we were followed by him.

"Were are you going?" Todoroki laughed, walking just behind me at my left side,

"To find the god damn keys, Eyepatch!" I replied,

"Uh-huh." He grinned, his pace remaining the same.

"So why're you following me?!" I shouted, gripping onto Espur's reign's tightly,

"Were else am I supposed to go? You can't fight and you have half the map." He replied, sounding mochingly calm,

"As I said, I'll learn to fight, and you have half the map too! Go find your own key!" I huffed.

Todoroki's POV:

She isn't going to last 5 minuets without me. How she got this far in the first place I don't know but All Might can hang me if I don't keep this imbecile in check.

But amidst the many questions I had about this half-anxious half-straight up tsundere girl there was one that stuck out to me;

WeRe DiD sHe GeT mY sTuPiD, rUn-AwAy HoRsE fRoM?!

(You just read 853 words)