C H A P T E R 22 : Changing Pt 1.

Thursday

6:00 p.m.

Aug, 4th, 2013

"Thank's for dropping me off at my sisters, baby." I told my boyfriend Jamal.

"No problem, anything for my baby." he continued. “I’m sorry we haven’t been able to spend time together like that, it’s just work and school’s been really kickin’ my ass.” he explained.

“I know baby, and it’s cool, I’ma still hold you down.” I assured him as I flipped through the dish network channels.

“Te-Te L, I see “How to train a Dragon”, can we watch “How to train a Dragon” ?” Junior asked as he sat down beside me.

“Yeah man,” I agreed as I selected the movie and disinterested myself. “So what’s your plans for tonight?”

“Work and sleep,” he answered tiredly.

“Oh,” I replied dryly.

“Don’t sound that way Lola.”

“Like what way?” I questioned.

“Like you’re sad ma,” he answered. “I said I was sorry, but this music shit takes a lot and I promise when I get to the top I’ma make it up to you, I promise you ain’t gon’ worry or want for a thing.” he promised. “Look next Friday it’s gon’ be me and you.”

“I hope so, you said that last time, and look what happened,” I said reminding him of why we’re talking on the phone and not in person. “You had to call it off.”

“I know, but you know I’m not in control of that.”

“I just don’t see why you quite basketball for rap.” I admitted.

“Because I wanted to try something new, and I’m pretty good at it.” he boasted.

“True, but you had a scholarship.” I reminded him.

“I still do, it’s just all that’s on hold.” he told me. “Now I’m making money, so what’s better?” he asked.

“I don’t know,” I remarked.

   I was done with the conversation because no matter what I said, he just didn’t see my point. I hate the way he turned out. When we first started dating I was attracted to the fact that he played basketball and cared about school, now it’s like all he cares about his music. I mean don’t get me wrong I still love Jamal with all my heart, but I don’t know how much more I can take.

“Darien Marcell Love Jr!” Layla yelled as she entered into the living room.

“What she yellin’ for now?” Jamal asked.

“I don’t know Junior did something.” I told him.

“Didn’t I tell you to go clean up your room?” she questioned him as she folded her arms, and shifted her weight to one leg.

“But I wanted to watch Dragons mama,” he explained in that innocent five year old voice.

“You can watch it after that room is cleaned.” she told him. “Now get up and go clean that room.” she ordered.

“Mommy-“

“Now Junior!” she yelled.

    He moved off the couch and sat down on the floor. He pouted his arms and put a mug on his face. “Little boy don’t play with me,” she warned. “Get up and go clean up that room now before I whoop you.” she threatened.