C H A P T E R 16 : Unfold Part 4.

Wednesday

11:30 p.m.

July, 20th, 2014

"Why'd you have me come through the back door?" he asked as he walked through the door. "You better not had another nigga sneakin' out the front." he jumped to conclusions.

    I turned back to him and rolled my eyes. "No smartass for your info it wasn't safe for your ass to come through the front."

"Why not?" he questioned.

    I bit my bottom lip. Should I tell him? I debated silently as he pulled me in closer and planted a kiss to my forehead. I looked up to him and gave him a faint smile. Deciding against tellin' him about the detectives being parked out front I said, "Don't worry I handled it." I moved away from him and headed over to the couch and sat down.

   Following my lead he walked around to the front of the chair and took a seat. When he was comfortable I sat the laptop on top of the coffee table and slid it to him. Darien leaned over and grabbed it; I watched as he grabbed it. When he opened the bright light shinned against his high yellow complexion. After a fee seconds of examining the screen he looked over to me and smiled. "You came through ma." he told me as he glanced back down to the screen.

   I giggled. "I told you I would boo." I reminded. "That’s all I could find on her." I said. "I called a few people though and I'm sending a couple people to keep an eye on her." I informed him.

"That’s my girl." he gleamed as he shut the laptop and placed it back on the coffee table. "Come here ma." he coaxed as he patted the top of his leg. Like a little kid listening to her father I stood up and walked over to him and sat down on his lap as if he were Santa. Before leaning back on him I grabbed the laptop, opened it and then lounged back. I laid my head on his shoulder and he nestled his chin on my shoulder as we both watched the bright screen. "I doubt she got shit on you." he said finally breaking the ling silence we shared.

"No I ain't got shit on her." I corrected. "I'm not as tough as everyone thinks."

"Bullshit ma I trained you." he said. I smiled lightly as I listened. "Your shit is up there with her's, if not better." He boasted.

"Really?" I asked naively. "I think she's worst."

"Ain't no thing I know you can handle it." Darien stated matter-factly. 

"What you mean you know I can handle it?" I questioned.

    In a relaxed tone he said, "I mean after you deal with Kanesha you will go after Teresa."

"Whoa!" I yelled. "wait a sec you said nothin' about Kanesha and you for damn sure ain't say shit about goin' after Teresa."

"I didn't and don't have to." he said nonchalantly. "you already know the rules, this shit ain't new to you." he said. "If I'm taking Joey out then it's only right that my lady takes out the closest woman to him." he said. "I know you not scared?" he questioned as a smirk spread across his lips.

    I smacked my lips. "I'm neva' scared." I let out a sigh. "I'm just nervous you know."

"Nervous of what ma?" he questioned .

"The kids, my family, school, everything." I admitted. "There's a lot at stake here for me De'."

"Look ma," he began. "I got you." he assured. "If shit goes downhill I’ll ride for ya' and you know this." he assured once more as an attempt to calm my nerves.

   I hit him on the shoulder. "I'm not dumb De'!" I yelled. "Everyone knows that if you go to jail I'll be stuck with this shit." I complained.

    Before I could speak again my younger sister’s voice sounded from the top of the stairs. "Can y'all quiet down?" she questioned. "I'm tryna' put Kaedence and Junior to sleep."