C H A P T E R 3 : Fuck It.

Wednesday

June 12th 2014

11:00 p.m.

      I  was still trippin' off the shit Joey and Kanesha tried to pull. Even though it was months ago I was still plottin’ on a way to get him back and take him down. As for Kanesha’s ass she skipped town, but I’ve had eyes following her, I was just waiting for the perfect time to get her. I thought I could trust Joey, but he turned out to be a snake, and now I was starting to regret ignoring that gut feeling I felt that day in his office when I took his deal, but shit we live and we learn, and if war was what they wanted, then war is what they were gonna’ get.

    Months back and on that same night I didn’t want to believe Layla. I thought she was just being paranoid, but when we pulled up to the warehouse that nagging feeling began, and intensified once my feet hit the gravel.

 Like I said that was months ago. . .

And this is the present. . .

    And at this moment I was dealing with baby mama drama, Joey’s shit, pigs, and wonderin’ how I was gon’ expand my empire.

    Through the tinted windows I watched three females walk past the front of my car. The dark skin with red hair, which was closest to my car, looked over. Catching a glimpse of me she flashed a flirtatious smile. I kept it casual, but nodded wassup as I watched them walk by. The love I get from the people in my city makes me feel like a celebrity. At just eighteen years old I am a legend. My name ring bells all over Chicago. I’m so established that I got some of the older cat’s bowin’ down to me, and the C.P.D. won’t even touch me. Now how many niggas can say that?   

    From the corner of my right eye I saw the light from my Iphone followed by the Marimba ringtone. Using one hand I felt around the seat until my hand connected with the phone. I picked it up and pressed the green button. Seconds later her voice her booming voice sounded through the phone. “I’ve been calling you,” she announced aggressively. “Why you ain’t been answerin’?”

“What do you want Layla?” I questioned.

“You always busy that ain’t neva’ new,” she barked. “What you with some bitch?” she questioned letting her jealousy get to her.

    Not at the moment, was what I wanted to say, but instead I chuckled. “Nah.”

“Mhm well I guess you too busy to spend time with me and your daughter, right?” she questioned sarcastically.

“No I’m not so shut up,” I argued.

"Well that's what you act like.” she stated. “You haven't seen her since you stormed out the hospital room."

     I huffed. "I was going to come see her." I told her.

“When Darien?” she questioned. Before I could answer my text message ringtone played. I pulled the phone away from my ear and looked at the text message. A smile spread across my face as I responded back to the flirtatious text. “Darien!” she yelled.

“Yes bae,” I mumbled into the phone.

“Did you hear me?” she questioned angrily.

“Yeah.” I told her as I parked in front of their house. “I’m outside right now so come out.” I told her.

“You serious?” she questioned.

“Yeah I’m tired of the arguing, so come on.” I told her as I stepped out the car. I hung up the phone and began to head up the path to her house. Before I reached the stairs the door opened, and seconds later her face and voluptuous body appeared in front of me.