C H A P T E R 6 : Layla & Company.

Friday

June, 14th 2014

2:30 p.m.

"Oh my god!” Angel exclaimed. “she’s too gorgeous.” She complimented. “When can I keep her?” she questioned as she cuddled Kaedence in her arms. A ringtone sounded and she began to feel around the bed for her phone. When she found it, she unlocked it, and checked for whatever made her phone go off.

    With a delayed response I answered, “When she gets a little bit older.” Not bothering to look up from my laptop screen I continued. “right now I just wanna’ enjoy her while she sleeps all night.”

“Look at this,” she suggested. I huffed, but looked up from my screen. I pulled her arm that held the phone closer to me, causing her whole body, and Kaedence to scoot closer. As I read the text message that came from Dominick I began to get jealous. “So what that mean?” I questioned. “Y’all back together or somthin’?” Angel shook her head yes and let go of the phone. “Nice.” I remarked in a harsh tone.

“Fuck!” Diamond yelled. Our attention turned to where she was sitting down at on the floor; seconds later she looked up at us. “Sorry.” she apologized. “Seen a sexy ass dude on the book.” she added. 

“You woke her up!” Angel scolded.

“Sorry,” Diamond apologized.

“Give me my god-daughter,” Tyrone commanded as he moved closer. Angel placed Kaedence into his arms and then he moved away.

      Angel shook her head in disagreement at Diamonds excuse of screaming. “It ain’t that serious.” she stated nonchalantly. “Anyway,” she continued. “Why’d you have to say it all dry like that Layla?” she questioned with a hint if attitude in her voice.

“Say what like what?” I questioned dryly.

“Like you jealous or some shit.” she remarked with a hint of satisfaction.

     I laughed. “No I wasn’t jealous.” I lied. “It’s just me and Darien at it again.”

“Again?” Tyrone questioned.

“Yeah,” I admitted again.

“About what now?” Tyrone questioned.

“Moving in together.” I told him. “He doesn’t think I’m ready.”

“Y’all too?” Angel asked in agreement. “Me and Dominick had the same argument a couple weeks back too.” she admitted to us.

“How’d it go?” I questioned.

“So, so.” was all she said.

     The conversation went dead for a moment, but then I brought it back up. “At least you got an answer,” I told her. “I ain’t get shit from De’.” I added as I watched my daughter puke up on herself. I leaned over and grabbed a baby wipe from the container. I tapped Tyrone on the shoulder and handed it to him. “She threw up.” I told him.

    Tyrone looked down and seen the line of throw up and cleaned her off. “It’s time to go back to ya’ mama.” he chuckled. “cause I’d be dammed if you have me walking around smellin’ like throw up.” Tyrone handed Kaedence back over to me. “I got a date with someone tonight.” he informed us. “Y’all remember Ronny?” he questioned.

“He’s gay?” I questioned.

“Yeah, down low.” he answered sadly. “But once he get a taste of this he gon’ come straight out.” he boasted.