"What?" Lisa asked.

"I said you are crazy."

Lisa smiled widely then pinched Jennie's cheeks. "Do you think so? Maybe I am."

"Crazy and whipped as fvck for you." Lisa whispered.

~~~

Lisa informed Jennie after they ate their meal that she would go home first then drove to the hospital. The intern stepped in Jennie's room again to pick up her clothes from last night. She also grabbed her phone, Lisa noticed several calls from her mom. The young one sighed, she forgot to text her mom. She owe them an explanation of her whereabouts.

"Lalisa! Where are you? You got us worried!" As soon as she dialed her mom's number the later immediately answered.

"I'm sorry mom. I-I slept at the hospital. I did not had the chance to call you because...uhm" Lisa stuttered. She knew Jennie was staring at her and listening to her conversation with her mom.

"I-I was so b-busy at the emergency room last night." She lied.

"But I'm on my home now. I'll see you in a bit mom. I'm sorry again." Lisa further explained. Her mom reminded her to go home soon and send her father a message that she's okay.

"Emergency room huh." Jennie muttered while arranging the pillows on top of her bed.

"My parents are beyond malicious Sunbae I don't want to be bullied by them." Lisa turned her foot and headed to the door.

"So...I'll see you at the hospital. Be careful araso? I'll keep your sweater!" The intern wickedly glanced at Jennie then exited the room to escape to the the doctor.

"Yah! That's mine! Come back Lisayah!!" Jennie shouted across the room.

But the playful and mischievous intern ran from the raging doctor before the latter could even realize that Lisa had actually stoled her fave hoodie.

~~~

Lisa's POV

"Code Red Lalisa! Where are you?" Jisoo called in distress.

"Wae? What happened?" I asked.

"A drunk driver caused a big mess, now the hospital was filled with patients involved with the car accident." Jisoo explained.

"Call Jennie for me Chu, tell her what happened. I'll try my very best to arrive soon."

"Ne. But I doubt you two can handle this number of patients." Jisoo replied.

"Where are the doctors and interns in charge today?"

"Did you actually think your fellow interns were coming to the hospital on time?!" Chu let out. The nurse was surely in a bad mood.

"Okay okay. Who's the doctor there now?"

"Doctor Yun was the only one here. I'll call the other doctors. I'll drop the call now, you better make it fast lalisa!" With that the nurse ended the call.

Just in time I reached our house. I parked the car in front of our silver stainless gate then entered the house.

My mom was standing at the living room with her arms crossed. Why is everybody in a bad mood early in the morning?

"I'm sorry mom okay? I was so busy I end up sleeping at the hospital." I said a little nervous with my mom's unreadable expression.

"I'll make it up to you and dad, I promise." I raised my right hand and wiggled my brows.

Mom was still unhappy, not even blinking. I hugged her and kissed her cheek.

"Next time you do it I'll spank you! You got us worried Lisa!" She sneered.

"I know mom and I'm sorry for the seventh time. It will never happen again." I said smiling.

"But the thing is..." I scratched my nape, unable to inform her.

"I-I was on call today too, I'm sorry mom." I awkwardly muttered.

"Then go, what can I do? That is your passion. Do what makes you happy but never forget us, your family."

"Do you get me Lalisa?" She asked pinching my arm a bit.

I laughed. "Of course mom. I love you! You're the best!" Then kissed her cheek one last time.

~~~

Less than an hour Lisa was ready to go to the hospital. She asked her mom to wash Jennie's hoodie. She will really give it back to Jennie, she's just teasing the doctor.

On the way to the hospital she dialed Jennie's number. She tried to call the latter for three times but Jennie did not answer. Lisa thought that maybe her Sunbae arrived at the hospital.

"Pali! Stretcher!" The hospital guards and medical staffs where scattered everywhere.

"Doctor! My dad! Doctor! Save him!"

"Intubate her as soon as possible!"

"His bleeding too much hurry!"

"We arrived at the hospital, stay still. The doctors will treat you. You can make it son!"

Lisa can hear almost everything. The scenario was very vivid that it almost wrenched her heart in two. When she was younger she also used to hate hospitals. Who would not be right? Everyone in a way hates it, Why? Simply because hospitals portray reality, the reality that people are meant to die. Death is inevitable.

The intern ran and took her coat from the staff room before she rushingly headed to the emergency room.

Meanwhile Jennie arrived at the hospital earlier than Lisa.

"Dr. Kim please check the kid who's rushed here an hour ago. She was in so much pain, we had no idea what to do." Rosè spoke.

Jennie obliged and asked where was the patient.

A ten year old little girl was crying in pain. When Jennie asked what's aching the child pointed her stomach.

The doctor moved her hand on top of the child's stomach pushed it a little to know where exactly is the problem. She stopped when she noticed how the girl whimpered.

Jennie ordered a nurse to bring the Focused assessment with sonography in trauma (FAST). When the equipment arrived she saw something alarming.

"This is not good, I think that fluid was blood." The doctor uttered.

"It was an internal bleeding, trauma hemoperitoneum." Jennie felt her heart broke. She knew that the child was very young but the only choice she had to prolong her life is to cut her open.

Jennie's decision of course is to operate and save the little girl. "Set up VI lines, hydrate her with 2L. Mix it with 50ml Demerol and two ampules of Denogan with 100 ml of saline. She has a sepsis, call Dr. Kai tell him to prepare for an operation to assist me."

Rosè stopped and glanced to Jennie. "Jisoo just called him Dr. Kim but he declined saying that he was off duty today."

Jennie's forehead creased, irritated. "Then call anyone who's free. I need to operate immediately, the child is in so much pain!" Her voice was lightly in anger.

The peach haired nurse grabbed her clipboard and checked who could assist Jennie. "The doctors we have as of the moment was only Dr. Yun and Dr. Lim, both were busy with the patients of the car accident."

Jennie sighed. "What am I supposed to do then? Grab an intern and let her assist me instead?"

"If no one can assist me I'll do it al---" Before Jennie can complete her statement a tall blonde intern interjected.

"I'll assist you Sunbae!" Lisa bravely volunteered.