What would I even say to him?

Looking down at my clothes, I gasped and quickly wiped my hands with a dish towel. He would not appreciate my ugly stomach being out like this. Putting the towel down, I quickly left the kitchen heading to my room to change. As I put my hand on my bedroom door, a knock sounded on the front door.

Shit! He's here...

Taking a deep breath, I walked to the door opening it. There he stood dressed in a way that almost made me faint.

 There he stood dressed in a way that almost made me faint

I just love a man with tattoos...whew!

"Hey" I said biting my lip as I looked up at him. He smiled making me hold on to the door tightly. I smiled and opened the door wider to let him in. As he stepped into the apartment, his cologne filled my nose making me sigh in delight.

"Hey so I came by earlier to check on you and your friend but your friend said you was sleep. So I just decided to come back later" He said explaining what Zora said. I nodded and gave him a small smile.

"Well would you like a drink?" I offered as I walked toward the kitchen. Playing with my fingers nervously, I waited for his response.

"Yeah sure um do you have some apple juice?" He said making me look at him funny. His eyes was looking around the kitchen probably judging the place. Clearing my throat causing his eyes to focus back on me, I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I don't like being judged Nick" I said in a calm tone. His face frowned before he came closer to me.

"What does that mean?"

"I don't like when people come into my apartment and judge how it looks" I said as I turned my back to him and opened the fridge.

"I wasn't trying to judge your apartment or even you. I was just thinking about something from my childhood" He said sighing as he said those words. Looking at him, he was leaning over the counter with a distant look upon his face.

"I'm sorry I just get defensive when people come here" I said apologizing for my actions. He sent me a smile before just staring at me. Feeling uncomfortable, I looked away from him and poured him a glass of apple juice.

"So why did you come to check on us" I said as I handed him his glass of apple juice. He thanked me and took a sip before answering my question.

"You and your friend looked like you guys was in a fight when I came into the room. Also y'all wouldn't speak to each other the whole way here so I thought I was just wondering if y'all was okay" He said explaining. I nodded and took a sip from my cup of apple juice.

"We was getting into it but we good now" I replied as I took a sit on the couch. He nodded and put his cup down.

"Hey Nick" Zora said coming out of her room. I looked at her to see her dressed up.

"Hey Zariah how are you?" He said politely while smiling at her

"Hey Zariah how are you?" He said politely while smiling at her. She smiled and blushed closing her eyes some. That's her signature expression before she start flirting with someone.

Great just great...

"Please just call me Zora." She said softly as she walked closer to him. He smiled at her before looking at me like he forgot I was here. Scoffing to myself, I stood up and grabbed my bag from off the floor.

"I have to get to class y'all have fun" I said as I looked at the clock. I have fifteen minutes before class starts. Sending them both a petty smile, I walked to the door grabbing my phone off the kitchen counter.

"Hey Maia wait" Nick said following me out the door.

"Yes?"

"Um I was wondering if you would like to go somewhere after your classes" He said scratching the back of his neck. I couldn't even lie and say I wasn't shock.

"Don't you want to do that with Zora" I said looking away toward the elevator.

"Why would I want to do that with her?" He asked in confusion as he watched me closely.

"Nothing forget I said anything" I said as the elevator stopped at this floor. It opened and a couple came out laughing. Walking inside the elevator, i presses the ground floor level and looked at him.

"I do want to go somewhere with you"

"I'm good" I said as the elevator doors began closing. Last thing I saw before they close was Nick sighing before turning to head back into the apartment.

I knew it.

Sighing to myself, I focused on college realizing once again that men and even women will always go for Zora and not me.