Chapter 27

Trigger warning !
Death ! Murder ! Suicidal thoughts! Blood!

Now that my dad and I have talked, my hateful feelings towards him have gotten better. Still, I don't feel happy. I don't feel happy here without Five.

I'm walking between some fields on the cliffs from one of the farmers that my parents have befriended. It reminds me of Five. Almost everything does but the silence when I walk through these fields and the many sounds, remind me of our spot.

The spot that Five brought me to several times.

I haven't stopped looking for Five since my dad sent him away. The problem is that he can be anywhere. In every time and every place.

A sound that I've grown familiar to in the last few weeks, catches my attention. Hooves.

A bit further away on the path are horses trotting but when my eyes fall upon their riders, I can't be bothered. I roll my eyes, not needing this at the moment and continue to walk like I haven't seen the rich boys who took my sweater.

"That's the girl from that dreadful piece of clothing!" I hear the son's friend yell.

Yes I am.

The son leads his horse next to me and my eyes fall upon the item in his hands. My eyes widen when I realize that it's my sweater which I have shed so many tears for.

"This was yours eh?" He questions. He knows the answer very well and I'm not going to answer one of his stupid questions one more time.

Last time that I've listened to him, I almost caused the end of the world and not to forget that I had the amazing talk about Five with my dear dad.

I don't need that to happen again.

Ignoring his question, I continue walking. "Are you not going to answer?" He rolls his eyes in annoyance.

No, I am not going to answer one more question of yours.

"Well if you want this so badly then I suggest you go get it!" He smirks, throwing my sweater into the deep. My eyes follow the piece of clothing that meant so much to me fall hundreds of meters down.

"Why aren't you going after it?" The son asks with a smirk still on his face. I remind myself that Five can still return and that I can't give up on him.

"Answer you stupid girl!" He raises his voice as he practically jumps off his horse.

Before I can roll my eyes at him again, he grabs my shirt's collar and pulls me closer to him.

My lip starts to tremble. I know very well that I'm still not stable enough to go through this situation but I can't leave. It would only make my situation with these boys even worse. I have to breathe in and out. I can't change the time line.

The fucking time line. If it wasn't for my parents, I would've kicked their asses after our first conversation. If you'd even call that a conversation.

I wouldn't have given them my sweater and they wouldn't have ever said a word to me again.

"Go after it!" The son yells at me, wanting me to go after my sweater. I love that sweater but no way I'm going to die for it. Not now. Not now that I've finally talked to my dad.