Flower Buds

Summary
Crowley considered himself quite the malicious demon. He'd hurt quite the handful of things in his lifetime— or, so he liked to think— however, any kind of harm had to come to a stop when it came to children, even when Aziraphale busts him for saving a handful — all — of the children from the flood.
It's a good thing flowers can solve almost any problem.

If you enjoy this chapter, don't forget to vote, thank you!
***
Word Count: 1151

Requested by: @/sailoryue on tumblr!

***

Aziraphale found himself panting from the exhaustion of flying.
It had been quite difficult when he'd been tasked to find dry land for Noah, it'd been days of endless flying and hardly anything was showing up.
He was sure his wings would be in tatters by the time he found dry land anyway.
His Hope was fleeting, along with his ability to not discorporate, before he saw the glimpse of a change in color.
The ocean that seemed endlessly blue suddenly turned to a soft glow of yellow and orange and...green! Green, thank the lord herself, it was land.

Aziraphale picked up his pace, wings thundering harder against the wind currents to reach the dry land.
As he neared it, he looked for a place to land. What confused him most was...how carefully put together the island was.
It was almost a perfect disk shape with an even rock wall surrounding it, Olive trees and...apple trees growing at the center...he'd only seen plants so beautiful as he had in Eden- perhaps this was the new garden?
Perhaps.
He let it go with a shrug and took a dive over the stone wall, angling his feet down and landing on the sand with a soft fluff of his wings before he achingly let them rest before snapping a finger and causing them to disappear.
Not that he had to, considering all life, other than bacteria, was on Noah's Arc. He merely wanted to rest them— and he almost got this wish before he felt something barrel into his shoulder and knock him over.
He let out a huff of protest as he felt more projectiles hit him until he was pinned on the ground.

Aziraphale groaned and slowly blinked open his eyes to see the face of— children?
They all looked quite clean for what seemed to be a life in the forest- grant it their hair was a bit long, but the flowers woven into the hair made up for any messiness that the salty air brought.
They were all clothed in clean robes, which was quite odd, again, for their situation...all robes were brandished as blacks and grays.
How in heaven's name had children survived? The almighty had made sure that...well, made sure that Noah made sure that...how was this possible?

"I saw he had wings!" A female child, around the age of ten, who held Aziraphale's leg down, chirped.

The other children holding the angel down gasped in awe.

"He looks like Mr.Crawley!" Another child, this one male and clinging to Aziraphale's arm.

Aziraphale felt his eyes roll on command as if he should have expected this.

"Let's bring him to father Crawley!" The first girl squealed.

Father Crawley? Aziraphale frowned on confusion.

"Let's eat him!" A girl who was sitting Aziraphale's middle squealed.

"Let's not." Aziraphale began to sit up, causing the children attached to him to gently fall off with grunts of protest. It took him a moment to shake the one off his arm before the boy let go and Aziraphale was free.

"Are you an angel, too?" The little girl of ten, who acted as a leader, asked.

"Too? Do you mean to say you consider Crawley an angel?" Aziraphale sounded almost amused, perhaps he was.