Warm

Word Count: 1794

A shorty but a goody
Please don't forget to vote if you enjoyed the chapter!
***
<<Requested by: boof601  ! "Fluff" "D...Dog.....">>
***

Snakes were known for being cold blooded. This was a law of nature that was followed by nearly all reptiles to this day.
They fed off of other things' warmth.
Rocks.
Lamps.
Other people.

Crowley didn't quality under this idea, not even in the slightest.
Being a demon and all, boiling blood ran through his veins. It kept him warm nearly all the time- and only slightly cooled when he shifted back into a reptile.

He didn't think much of it other than a nuisance on hot days and a blessing on cold.

That being said, he refused to never not be wearing a jacket.
Demons didn't sweat.
They could go through the process of losing their breath and being out of shape, but all of that was essentially by choice as it could easily be miracled away.
Others liked it that way because it gave them a tubby look that was quite adorable.
At least, that's what Crowley thought whenever he saw Aziraphale.
More than once, the angel had expressed distaste to his round figure, despite he himself liking it, others didn't seem to take to it as much.
Those others found that their days became particularly hellish once Crowley discovered their first and last name.
The demon didn't have to constantly reassure the other but was sure to make sure Aziraphale was well taken care of when he expressed such doubts about himself.

The most recent had been during a bought of their drinking, both having gone through a few bottles of champaign.

Crowley hiccuped and tilted his head back, "I'm glad I dun have kidneys...they'd be...gone.."

"Mm.." Aziraphale hummed, "'N I'm glad I don't have arteries...or I'd be gone.."

"Bold of you to assume," Crowley hiccuped again, having quite the trouble getting rid of them, "My arteries aren't already gone."

"You don't have any, dear." Aziraphale giggled, "Look at me..." He poked his tummy with a slight frown.

"What about you?" Crowley sniffed.

Aziraphale's shoulders hunched, "I'm soft."

"Obviously." Crowley smirked.

"It's not a good thing." Aziraphale looked further dejected.

"The hell not? Why?" Crowley remarked without order of his words.

"Humans don't like body fat." Aziraphale sniffed sadly this time.

"Demons do." Crowley shrugged and sauntered over to Aziraphale, giving him a hug around his middle from where he sighed, "I've go to say, I quite fancy you from head to...to toe, Angel," He was already sounding sleepy, "Quite the cute bugger,"

Aziraphale gave a small smile, "You..don't have to spare my feelings."

"No, no, I'm not." Crowley shook his head as he slurred, "You are the most precious thing on the face of this earth, Angel, you'd be an idiot not to see that- and you're too clever to be an idiot."

Aziraphale moved his hand to rest on top of Crowley's head, "You're quite kind for a snake."

"Was'that supposed to imply?" Crowley's eyes flickered open from where his cheek was pressed happily to Aziraphale's middle, slowly falling asleep but now jerked slightly awake.

"Well, Serpents are known for their misdeeds."

"That's a hurtful, untrue accusation, Angel, and I need you to take it back." Crowley muttered and began to close his eyes again as Aziraphale smiled at him once more.