Heaven Knows

***
Word Count: 9802
***

Please don't forgot to vote if you liked the chapter!

These take me a bit to make so it'd mean the world to me if you vote if you enjoyed the chapter! Feel free to comment if you like or not if you're not a comment person!
Thank you!

***
Summary
In which Crowley and Aziraphale's affairs were not discovered until after the notpocalyse and their actions put Aziraphale against the biggest threat he's ever faced -
Crowley...or his wings.

***

Aziraphale couldn't be punished for a crime he hadn't committed.
It had been his choice to keep them in the dark when Crowley suggested they try and raise a child- influence was a better word, really, but turned into raising once neglectful parents were thrown into the equation- as normal and neutral as any child could be...if not a bit of a brat.
As far as both their respective sides knew, they'd done the best they could and failed.
This is what kept Aziraphale thankful that he hadn't visited Heaven in centuries. Had he told them of his mottling, it may have turned up disastrous.
Had Gabriel seen he and Crowley at the Military base before either had miracles themselves away- disastrous.

Still having to deal with heaven poking at him to find out what exactly happened now?
Annoying, but not disastrous.

Aziraphale knew what had happened- he had been there.
However, whatever Gabriel didn't know, wouldn't hurt him.

Crowley, on the other hand, was a different story.

They'd done as they'd been told, switching faces as Agnis had suggested, but only Crowley had had to face the consequences, well, Aziraphale-As-Crowley. Meanwhile the actual Demon need only to wait for his counterpart, silently fretting, though never admitting, what would happen to the other before he finally made a safe return.

Dining at the Ritz later that afternoon had been pleasant and relaxing, something neither had gotten in centuries.
Heaven had no use for earth at the moment, only to keep Aziraphale busy doing the dirty work for them- and if history was to repeat itself, they wouldn't check up on the paperwork

Then there was Crowley, who, as far as Hell knew, was no longer one of them, and therefor no longer their concern.

"How does it feel?" Aziraphale hummed behind the napkin he was using to dab at his face, ridding it of any left over crumbs from the pink macaroons he'd just indulged in.

"How does what feel?" Crowley cocked an eyebrow.

"Well, being free." Aziraphale folded his hands in his lap.

Crowley shrugged, tapping a finger lazily on the back of the chair that he leaned against, "Close to the same. Hell never particularly kept an eye on me- s'alright though."

"Really? Not even a bit different?" Aziraphale frowned.

"Do you want me to say I feel renewed?" Crowley snorted.

"Well, it's just- aren't you glad you don't answer to anyone anymore?"

"Have you ever known me to answer to someone, Angel?" Crowley cracked a grin.