Chapter 31: Ice Hell part 6

Start from the beginning

A moment later bee-like insects emerged and started to head towards the larger man. "Hurry up and die-!!" Tommy shouted. The hunter had a look of pure confidence and determination. "Tommyrod! You're the kind of lowlife one doesn't see too often... Of all the bugs, you're the biggest pest!" Toriko informed him.

Toriko gave another loud yell, this time the force of it was directed toward the hand that was covered in ice. The force shattered and broke the ice off of his hand, which had turned completely black from the tips of his fingers to his wrist. That...wasn't good. That meant his hand was... The woman's eye widen as he stared at it then he clenched the blacken hand into a fist. What?! That hand shouldn't even be able...

Match couldn't get over at how hot the temperature was by Toriko, which was at a huge temperature. The bug man got a creepy sly smirk on his face as he commented, "Nfu? Shiveringeh...? That's pretty childish." The bees started to attack the large hunter as he prepared for his next attack and shouted at Tommyrod , "Come here yourself, Tommyyyy!" Much to Sarafina's amazement the knife attack was used. Tommy watched as the attack hit his bees. 'The frozen right hand had been thawed with shivering, huh?'

Shivering:on occasions where it is cold when the body temperature goes down. The physiological phenomenon where heat is generated through the body trembling in order to preserve body temperature. It's because of that Toriko's body was producing enough body heat to retain his body temp in this freezing environment and halting the necrosis in his right hand. Due to the nerves continuously concentrating on the shiver it'll keep his hand thawed.

Match, who was shivering just a bit ago from the cold, looked kinda warm and if that was any indication the heat that the hunter was giving off must be tremendous. Which also, without any shred of doubt, meant that Toriko was burning calories at a very high rate. "I'll say it one more time, Tommy." Toriko started, face darkening once again. "Without relying on the bugs... Come at me yourself, fair and square...!" The bug man, who had his hands on his hips, grinned creepily before his face bulged and gave birth to a new round of bees, shouting, "I don't wanna, you bwi~~diot!"

Toriko brought his arms over his head and gave a roar before bringing his arms down and quickly fired his knife and fork attacks at the bugs, which a majority of them fell under the onslaught. The ones that didn't get hit by the attacks quickly got closer to the hunter who responded by using the roar force thing from before and finished the rest. Vanishing for a moment only to reappear by the bug man Toriko shouted, "Ta-take this!! Ten Fold Spiked Punch!" As he shouted his hand turned into a fist to start his attack but he quickly did a beautiful back flip in mid air away from the bug man when he saw Tommyrod had responded by opening his mouth wider than before to reveal a scary face looking thing inside his mouth.

Once Toriko landed he gave another shout and threw a fork attack towards his opponent who half brought out another centipede-like insect, half out due to only having its end still inside its breeder's mouth while it's front half dealt with the attack, took the attack head on and was instantly killed. 'This guy.. Just how many parasitic bugs does he have living inside him?' Toriko wondered to himself, wondering how many bugs he will have to fight. Tommyrod's laugh snapped him outta his thoughts. "That childish shivering. How many minutes longer do you think you can keep it up, Toriko?" The bug man asked, spitting out the dead bug and wiping his chin clean.

Shivering, generally speaking, was said to have a maximum time of two hours. To go over that limit and stopping the muscle's trembling, the body's temperature would suddenly start to drop and would lead to death. If his plan was to continue to continuously release tens of thousands of watts of energy using his incredible metabolism but...even he couldn't go beyond two hours doing that. The large hunter said nothing for a moment before he asked, getting the bug man's attention, "What about you... You haven't got an inexhaustible supply of insects... I'm sure you have your limit, too..."