5† Second Meeting

Comincia dall'inizio

Monica nearly scoffed and pressed her body close to Vaclav's, "What the hell do you think we are here for? I'm not going to be standing here looking this sexy without anyone to notice me then!" Monica threw her hands up in anger and stormed off on her own leaving Mary staring blankly at Father Vaclav.

They both waited a moment in silence before Vaclav spoke, "So... Uhm, I guess, I mean..."

Mary smiled watching the confused Father, "Don't worry. The Lord's will works in mysterious ways. I believe here with you is right where I belong. I seem to be placed in the right places at the right times." Mary looked around the hall and admired the paintings while she waited. 

Tres made his way to the lab to drop off the evidence in order for the rose to be tested. Like a well oiled machine, he finished his first mission then went towards a separate room. He sat down in a chair and pulled out a chord from the computer in front of him and placed it into the back of his head. He pulled out a second then leaned his head to the side placing it into his temple. The third he took out to place into his neck as he still held his head to the side. Tres took the fourth and final one into the back of his neck. Once they were all plugged into his ports on his body, he then took the end of them all that combined into one end and plugged it into a machine. He stood stiff and closed his eyes as he backed up the data during his time away from the Vatican. 

After some while of waiting, the lights in the hall seemed to flicker. Vaclav's brows pinched together in confusion at them for a moment before he glanced over at Mary who clutched her habit in fear. Vaclav rushed to Mary's side and leaned in a bit, "Stay quiet and very still." Vaclav knew of the invasions and how they started through only reports; he has never quite seen one in action before. He held Mary's shaking hand as he shielded her body with his own. Mary looked around before her and Vaclav both heard a glass shatter inside of Caterina's room. Vaclav held his finger up to his lips looking into Mary's eyes before he seemingly disappeared into thin air. The door to Caterina's office opened enough for a person to fit through then shut slowly. 

Vaclav scanned the office carefully trying to find the source of the noise. He tapped a finger on her desk to see if anything became provoked, which nothing seemed to happen. He uncamouflaged himself but held his gun out and ready. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, and nothing was even broken.

Before he could think of anything else, the door's lock turned and he looked up in fear as no one was at the door and Mary had no computerized key to even lock or unlock the door. He quickly raced to the door, holding his nametag to the door's locking mechanism blinked red as if he was now unapproved to access the door. Several tries later he paced the room panicking and realizing Mary was outside in the hall, alone.

"Mary! Can you hear me?"

Mary ran up to the door hearing his pounding on it and nodded, "Yes! Faintly but I can hear you!" She glanced over her shoulder thinking she had seen a hooded figure standing behind her but upon turning around there was no body present. She looked to the door and called out to him, "Did you find anything?"

Vaclav rested his head on the door a minute trying to think, "I'm not sure. There's nothing in here, but maybe when I opened the door I let something through?"

Mary's hair on her body stood up as if they were all electrically charged. Mary's shaking hands stopped and she tugged on her rosary. With a firm step, Mary swiveled around facing a hooded figure. "I knew I saw something..." She spread her foot spacing apart and readied her body, "What do you want?"

Vaclav heard her talking as if it was to someone else and punched the door angrily knowing he should be on the other side of the door to protect Mary with the information they needed about the killer of all the other priests.