-Chapter 25-

New Brunswick felt like falling into a black void for a while, then light blinded her and she was back to 1755, the year she had feared so much as a child.

.

.

.

The small New Brunswick woke, sunlight peeking through a hole in the curtain and going directly at her eyes. She yawned and sat up, only to realize her sisters wasn't on their straw beds on the other side of the room. She drowsily got up and walked downstairs, rubbing her eyes.

"Hello... " She mumbled, entering the living room, which was connected to the kitchen. The house had no other rooms and the... Well 'washrooms' where outside... An outhouse.

The small one was answered with silence.

"Well, i guess i'll go dress up and go see in the village.." she mumbled and climbed back upstairs. She chose a dull red long skirt and a gray blouse, then placed a white maid-looking apron on.

She then rushed downstairs, now fully awake, and ran out, closing the door behind her.

The small New Brunswick searched around the village for Acadia and Québec... Well, Acadia liked it less when Québec was called 'New-France' as their dad called her... But they called her Québec because it was shorter... And more fair.

The child, curious, approached a crowd, circling two.. No three persons... Our New Brunswick slithered between the women, men, and children, to see closer. When she reached the other end of the crowd, she saw.. Acadia and Québec... Arguing with... Mi'kmaq?

New Brunswick stepped in and pulled Québec's sleeve, pretty confused. The taller one looked down at her and her look softened "It's just a small fight... Nothing more... It's about that mean british man Papa talked us about..." She whispered to the smaller one, she nodded quietly and they both went back to watching.

"You treaty breaker! Go back to your teepees and savages! I don't wanna see your face anymore! The Acadian barked.

"You're as dumb as a sheep! Don't you see he will help us?!" The native man shot back, sounding almost desperate.

"I said i don't wanna see your face anymore! Sort d'icitte!" (Get out of here!) she shouted, her voice raising even louder.

The man, looking half broken-hearted and half enraged, walked away, pushing his way through the crowd.

Acadia turned back to New Brunswick and New France "V'nez-vous en, on s'en va à là maison." (Come on, we're going home.) She said softly, took the two by the hands and walked out of the slowly scattering crowd. They went back home, but it was out of town and pretty far away too, so when they reached their house's doorstep, someone rushed closer, yelling.

"Acadie! Viens-t'en vite! Les maudits Anglais sont icitte!"(Acadia! Come now! The damned English are here!) they yelled, Acadia wasted no time and followed them, leaving the two smaller ones standing there.

"Viens aider grande soeur, Nouveau-Brunswick! J'veux kicker des culs Anglais!" (Come help big sister, New Brunswick! I wanna kick some English asses!) New France exclaimed, then left her sister no choice or time to respond, by grabbing her hand and dragging her as she followed their big sister.

By the time they reached the town, some people where screaming and buildings where already on fire. New Brunswick hid behind her sister in fear.

"Nouveau-Brunswick! Québec, restez pas là à rien faire, pis aller aider les familles à s'enfuir!" (New Brunswick! Quebec! Don't stay there doing nothing, and go help the families escape!) Acadia shouted to them, appearing out of nowhere. They both nodded and instantly went to the untouched houses, but as further they got in the village, they realized it was already too late. Families where being ripped apart and all the men sent into the burning church.

They looked at eachother in fear, wincing as a headache washed over them. Only by a look, New Brunswick understood what Québec wanted to do, and followed.

They went back to where they had left their triplet and searched for her. Only to find her walking backwards, away from someone.

She looked scared, pure fear and rage showed in her eyes and she already had wounds from what her attacker had did to her, plus the ones from her injured people.

The two twins hid in a bush closeby of her, listening to what she was saying.

"Get out of here, you British bastard!" She shouted in broken english.

A man stepped closer. "Why would i come all the way here, only to go away now? Hm?" His voice had a thick british accent.

"You'll pay, i still have other villages... They'll-.. My people won't hesitate to fight back.."

The two twins could sense that their triplet's hope was running like water from a faucet that someone had turned on and forgotten to close. They also saw the man's evil grin.

"By how you react and how your people are easily beaten with a suprise attack, i don't think you'll win." He said, reaching out for something, and then, a gunshot was heard.

New France hid New Brunswick's eyes with her hands and the other did the same as she let out a quiet sob filled with fear.

They heard something like knees falling to the ground.

"L- look at you... Acting all mighty and confident... I know father France weakened you, so i will fight until you end me, and kill every last of my people, they'll do too." They heard Acadia say, before she grabbed a quite big dagger and throwing herself on him.

New Brunswick and Québec had enough heard and saw, they both agreed in silence to run away from the crime scene and quickly rushed to their house. On the way there they found their brother Nova. They grabbed him and ran to their untouched house, closed the door and locked it, then went upstairs to hide.

.

.

.

===========================================

Word count; 984 words

'The past is behind you, leave it be. Unless there is something you need to learn from it, it will cause you only trouble.'

~Cya!~