-Chapter 5-

New-B's POV

I woke to yelling in the house, i blinked and sat up. I was back in my room after the birthday party we had for me, Onta, 'Bec and Nova. I grunted, feeling a small headache stab my head like if i was on a hangover... But the thing is we didin't drink anything but fruit punch juice. 'Great, so now instead of giving me nightmares you give me headaches Acadia?' I got out of bed and yawned, staring at myself in the mirror. I got my phone out of my jean pockets (Yeah i found it yesterday at the party. Never realised it had been there since we became independant.)

'8;30'

I froze, realising the UN meeting was today.

"Tabarnak*!" i instantly started dressing, putting on the baby blue dress, pale grey long sleeved shirt and my black ballerina shoes. I hurtled myself down the stairs to he living room, where everyone was almost at eachother's throats. I placed my phone in my dress' pockets. 'I'm kinda glad that dress has pockets..' i drifted away in thoughts until 'Bec ve me a pichenotte on the forehead "ouch!" I rubbed my hand on the place she hit me. "Dépèche pis mange ton déjeuner!" (Hurry up and eat your breakfast!)  She then walked away quickly to the twins. When shes irritated, her accent in french changes, going to the more... 'barbaric' one... Like the one Acadia uses. 

I shivered. Me, Nova, Acadia and Québec used to be so close before the Acadian deportation.... Then Mi'kmaq died... I sighed. Time changes everything.

I sat at the table, where Al, Brit-Colu, Saska and Nuna were sitting already, chatting happily. However, when i walked up, the chatting hushed a bit. I shugged it off and then France placed a plate of eggs, toasts and Canadian bacon infront of me. I wasn't very hungry so i ate the more i could and then played with my food using the fork.

"Heiye! Arrête tes rêveries, c'est l'temps d'y'aller" (Hey! Stop your daydreaming, it's time to go!)  Québec said harshly with her thick accent, making me jump. "S- s'cuse." (S- sorry) I was so startled i used her accent. I got up and walked to the door, where most of my siblings where already.

"WAIT FOR UUUUUS!" That was Nova's voice-- Two small countries jumped from four steps on the stairs, landing with a loud thud and ran directly into me, all three of us fell down "Awh Crap, sorry Lobster!" Aaand that was Edward's. "C'mon, get off o' her and drag yo' ass's 'eere." I looekd up at NewLab, head slightly tilted on the right. I never understood his slang.

'9;00'

I sighed and placed my phone back in my pocket. We where all in the car, pressed against eachother like sardines in a small container.

Nova's sitting on Edward, who's sitting on Newlab, who's sitting on Nuna,

I'm sitting on 'Bec, who's sitting on Al, who's sitting on Northwest,

Saska's sitting on Brit-Colu, who's sitting on Yukon,

Then, Mani is fitting right between Nuna and Northwest,

Onta is fitting besides Northwest and Yuk.

And then there's fucking UK and France sitting on the front seats.

This is a quiet and awkward car ride. If it gets any awkwarder, we win the price of 'Most awkward car ride in family'.

We finally reach our destination and we litterally got out of the car right as it stopped, i swear, our grand-parents should get a bigger car.

Grand'pops UK guides us to a large round building, we walk in. There's a corridor leading to right and left, then there's a door right infront of us. Grand'pops walks to the door and opens it for us to walk in.

Many countries are already there and some are staring at us as we enter. "Hey UK, got more kids?" One said jokingly, walking to us. The country Uk and france gets into a conversation and walks a bit away, leaving us to stand there akwardly. "Oi mates! C'mere!" I spot uncle Aussie as he waves to us, me and Québec are the first to quickly walk to him.

 Kiwi and Ame are already there with Aussie "Man i'm so glad you're here, Grand'pops left us to stand awkwardly in a corner." I huffed. Uncle Ame chuckled "You're not the first he does that too, he did it to me and Canada many times..." he then spaced out, lost in thoughts.

 "Anyways, Ame did you hear about Russia?" Kiwi then added to spare us of an awkward silence. "Huh? no? I didin't even hear about him for a month." he snapped out of thoughts "Why?". I glared at uncle Kiwi, straight in the eyes. He grinned. " Well looks like New-B knows."

I litterally died at that moment, i wanted to sink six feet underground.

 'How did uncle Kiwi even knew!?'

Ame and Aussie looked at me. I started sweating.

"W- well uhm-... I saw-- Moscow-- Yesterday... When i went fishing... Russia... Russia shattered. Same way father did." I choked out. They all stared at me, wide eyed.

I swear i could feel more sweat running down my armpits.

"U- um--" A loud whistle sound interrupted me and everyone went sitting to their places, i just followed Québec, who had snatched my wrist and was gently dragging me along. We went sitting besides uncle Ame and Mexico, where more chairs had been added, 13 chairs to be exact. I sat besides Québec and Nova.

a tall man, who i guessed was UN, just by how the flag looked, walked forward and started a speech, then, when he stumbled on the problems of the two biggest countries shattering, Québec got up along with the others. I got up too... But just slightly late.

I looked around the room and saw that another group had stood up, One.. Two.. Three.. ten... I froned at how many where there, then spotted the boy that i had seen while fishing. I smiled as he met my gaze, he smiled too and waved once, then looked away. I looked over at uncle Ame and saw he was tense, angry and lost in thoughts; He must be thinking of who could've done that.

I can't really blame him, two of his close friends had shattered. His brother and... I don't even know what to call the relationship between him and Russia... Frenemies maybe?

The others sat and i followed their movement, sitting too. The the meeting continued and finally came to an end. Québec gently took my wrist again and dragged me as a wave of countries left the room.

Back to the car we waited for the others. "Uh... Hommard?" (Uh... Lobster?) 'Bec finally broke the silence. "Yeah 'bec?" i stared at my black ballerina shoes. "Est-ce que... --Non, laisse faire..."  (Does...--No, nevermind...) She sighed, looking away. "Nono, ask away 'Bec, don't let the questions bottle up with your emotions." I looked up at her as she looked back at me. Her eyes where sarlking with some tears "Est-ce que tu t'ennuit d'elle des fois?" (do you miss her sometimes?) Some tears rolled down her face. "Oh, Québec... Brâye* pas, Tu vas me faire brâyer* aussi..." (Oh Québec... Don't cry, you'll make me cry too...)I reached out to cup her cheeks with my hands.

"And of course i miss her sometimes..." i lied. Of course i don't miss her, she's threatening me, Nova and Edward...

...Well... i must admit i miss the old times sometimes... Before the Acadian deportation, before everything went wrong.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tabarnak*: French curse word used in Québec and the Acadian Peninsula

Brâye/Brâyer*: Another word used in Québec or Acadian peninsula, means 'Pleur/pleurer' which is 'cry/crying' in english.

UwU

...That's the only thing i had to say.

~Cya in the next chapter!~