-Chapter 18-

France's POV

Québec stormed in the house and slammed the front door. I looked up from my book "Est-ce que ça va?" (are you ok?) She looked up at me, her eyes showed anger and slight shame and regret. "J'ai... J'ai trouvé Nouveau-Brunswick... M- mais... " (I... I found New Brunswick... B- but...) Québec regained a straight posture. "Elle est dans la forêt derrière la maison. On à eût une dispute.." (She's in the forest behind the house. We had an argument..) I felt like Québec was hiding something, but i didin't bother to ask, to not push her. "Eh bien... Si tu veux parler de quoi que ce soit, tu peux venir me voir." (Well... If you want to talk about anything, you can come to me.) I gave her a warm smile, she gave me one back and climbed upstairs as Britain walked out of our room, that was connected to the living room. "What was the door slamming about?" He asked curiously. "Québec found our dear New Brunswick in the forest behind the house, and they had an argument."

I sighed, looking at my watch "I guess i should make diner, it's 5:00 already." I tried getting up, but UK stopped me from doing so. "I'll do dinner today, you can chill here." He said sternly and left for the kitchen. I just slightly gaped as i watched his back disapear in the kitchen.

'Well that's a new one...'

New Brunswick's POV

I walked quietly besides the Russian, it was a very uncomfortable silence...

Also, before we left i told him to not put the fire out, then before i went out i put the teepee on fire. No more memories from the past will bother me now.

"Uh.. We're there.." He said, popping my bubble, i looked up to see a tall house towering over us, it gave me goosebumps. "A- alri- " I got cut. "Oi Russia, Where were you? And who is she?" I jumped and looked over at a yellow and blue country.

'His flag tells me something... But i can't remember...'

"Well, hello too Ukraine." Russia growled "This country needed somewhere to stay, and hopefully father will agree." Russia said plainly. 'That's right, i know him, dad introduced me to him once... I bet he doesn't remember me.' i thought bitterly. Ukraine looked at me. "Oh, well, welcome to our house.. And good luck.. Er..?" I quickly thought of something, i shouldn't tell my real name or he would instantly remember.

'Maybe i could steal Acadia's name? Or maybe just Brunswick? But Brunswick is also the english name for a german city... Ohwellheregoesnothing...'

"Err, Brunswick." I smiled awkwardly. Ukraine lightly narrowed his eyes for a moment then looked back up at his brother. "Well, good luck with father, Russia. Now let's get in." He said and started walking up to the door, we both followed. Ukraine knocked and a moment later, a short, green, red and white country opened the door. "Oh, it's you my brothers! and... Who is she?" She narrowed her eyes at me "U- uh, Brunswick." I stuttered out. "Oh, well, nice to meet you Brunswick, now come in, it's getting cold outside!" She stepped away from the door to let us in.

"Okay, so, Ukraine, could you help us?" Russia then suddently said. He looked at Russia, suprised "Uh, sure?" "We got to have a plan if it goes wrong with dad. So, you'll stay at the base of the stairs and if it goes wrong, Brunswick will run down and you'll get her out before anything happens, got it?" I just stared blankly up at him.

I'm not that helpless and weak.
Well... Maybe i am...
But i have Acadia...
Oh, right! Acadia can help if it goes wrong!

"Huh, seems like a good plan. I'm in." Ukraine said and walked to the stairs, sitting on the first step. "Right, come." Russia headed upstairs, i quickly followed, not getting my shoes off. He went to a door to the left and knocked. "Что это?" (What is it?) a voice gumbled and seconds later an even taller man opened the door. "Ah, father, uh-- This pesron needs somewhere to stay-- " USSR walked back Russia and bent down to look at my eyes. "And who are you? Are you a new country?" I gulped and slapped myself mentally. "I- I'm Brunswick, sir, and yes, i am." i stuttered out, trying to sound slightly confident.

He narrowed his eyes and stared at my eyes for quite a moment. 'Oh fuck, did he recognize me from the world meeting? Did he just recognize me by the name? Is he gonna kill me??' All those thoughts crossed my mind before he spoke up. "Your name is just the english one for that german city... Braunschweig?" He frowned, glaring at me. I gulped "I'm... I'm not german, sir." "Then what are you?" he asked menacingly. I started to slightly panicking. "U- uh.." My voice slightly cracked. My brain was working so hard right now, trying to make scenarios of 'What if i said that, or that...' and etcetera. "F- french, good sir."

He stared a little while, then straightened up "I'll allow a French here, but if anything wrong happens, anything, i'll blame her." He walked back into the room and closed the door. Russia looked at me, wide-eyed. "It.. Actually went better than i was thinking it'd go." he blurted out. My eyes slightly widened. "You mean he could've been worse?" He nodded without a word, then Ukraine walked up to us "Heard it all. Wow, you're a lucky one." he said, poking me with a shoulder.

"Ça ben d'l'air que chu chanceuse..." (Looks like i'm lucky now...) i muttered. "Huh? Was that French?" the ukrainian tilted his head. "Well duh, what do you think? I just said i'm French, ya dingus." He chuckled "Well, by your look i thought you where british or something, but that french... Only heard it from that white and blue Canadian." I frowned "I may or may not have Acadian french. Québec only stole it." I blurted out, then slightly froze, realizing the error i just said. "Wait you're actually a Canadian Province?" He asked, looking slightly confused.

Fuck.

"i did not say ima canadian, i just said she stole the french from me." i looked away. "Okay, can i show you your room now?" Russia butted in. "Oh, great idea!" I replied almost in a 'thank you' way and followed him towards the end of the hallway. He stopped opened a door to the right "This is the guest room, you'll stay here." I walked in. The door was close to the west wall, to the north, there was a window close to the east one, a bed under it and besides the bed a nightstand was there. On the East wall, a wardrobe stood there. The color on the walls was light cream, the floor pale brown wood and the ceiling white.

"Yeesh, that's a pretty room." I gaped. "Well, i'll let you settle in and call you when supper is ready." Russia said and left, closing the door.

I sighed and just flopped on the bed. As if mr sandman was there, i instantly fell asleep by the touch of the pillow.

=========================================================

word count: 1215 words

Yyeet

~Cya!~