6-≿Investigating≾ (Y/n)

"Ciao."

"Ciao...?"

"What are you doing here?"

"Um... I live and work here."

Taylor chuckles, shaking his head. "You're right, sorry for my stupid question."

"Non c'è problema..." I mutter. Weird. I return my attention to the papers I have in hands. Even tho someone has already been killed because of the vanishing money case, some points weren't solved and looks like people are trying to hide them, sweep it to under the carpet. But it doesn't work with me. I took the liberty of doing a small 'investigation' by myself and I haven't told Frank yet; I want to organize the theory - or even find out the origin of all this thing - first.

"If you don't mind, can I ask something?" Taylor says approaching. I sigh lowering the papers and looking up at him. I hum nodding. "How's it to be the only woman working here?"

"I'm not the only one. There are the maids." I say raising an eyebrow; he shakes his head.

"I mean in the mafia, the dirty thing."

"Oh. Normal." I shrug. "I just need to work while listening to sexist comments because the guys believe that by me being a woman, somehow I can't reason things. Not like I really care."

"Hm." He nods slowly, looking at me. He approaches slowly and I'm honestly annoyed by that guy. He's like that person who's always on the back of the background and does nothing. He may be a bridge between the gang and the police, but there are other people who do the same and he's more like one of Frank's close friends. His uselessness annoys me, I always ignore him - or try to - in an attempt to not get stressed in vain. "Don't you feel lonely?"

"Perché would I be?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Wouldn't you like someone with you? Maybe a significant other or maybe you already have one and miss them."

"Hm, I'm not in any relationships or want one-"

Taylor stares at me for a second - something what I can't identify present on his eyes - before cracking a grin that's followed by a chuckle. "No, no, dear, not that way. Someone close, just close. I always see you alone."

"Oh." I say in realization. - Not really realization, just understanding what he wanted to say with his difficult manner of expression. I'm dying from boredom in the inside. Seems like there's something else in his talk but he's too stupid for it. - "I'm... close to Iero? I'm always around him and commenting about a thing or else. It just happens that in most of the time you're around, it's the times I'm working or dealing with something else."

"Capisco." He nods smiling. He gets closer, slowing his pace for a second as staring intently - that makes me back away a bit -, before walking upstairs. I look at him from my spot on the doorway as he climbs the stairs to know the exact moment to let out a sigh. And roll my eyes.

"Here isn't your place, (l/n)!" Wentz says walking past me to inside the mansion.

"Here isn't your place, Wentz! Who'd ever let that happen? A donkey inside a mansion!" I reply in a sarcastic tone, scoffing, and return my attention to my papers.

"You go something to do now?" He asks and I eye him questioningly, then shake my head. "We're playing cards, you coming?" He points towards the kitchen.

"." I answer sticking my papers in an inside pocket of my blazer and following him. Weekes and Stump are already sitting in the kitchen's round table and the first one has a deck in hands, shuffling the cards. 

"What're you gonna play?" I ask sitting down on a chair and leaning back on it.

"Rummy. Simple but just to kill the time." Stump says shrugging lightly and I nod.