(7) Heard His Cry

Anti's POV

The sound of rattling chains caught my ears. I was feeding some of the other prisoners, and none of them struggled anymore, so it must be a new prisoner. I finished feeding a faun and got up to investigate the new prisoner.

The sound continued as I walked to the end of the barn, the other prisoners sitting in their stalls and eating, sleeping, or just sitting there. 

The clip-clop of my hooves quieted down the struggling only slightly, but it started up again louder this time. I approached the last door of the hall, the rattling of chains so loud, my ears twitch uncontrollably. I turned, and the person froze. 

Standing against the bars, I noticed the man was covered in more chains than most of the others. His muscular neck wrapped in a thick silver clasp with a string of long silver chains attached to the roof, forcing his head up if he's sitting or kneeling. His stomach also had a clasp, but it didn't have as long of a chain, the chain only attached to the wall behind him. His wrists and ankles had the same clasps and chains, but the fasteners on his wrists had small spikes digging into his palms. His palms were coated in blood because of them. 

He struggled more, groaning out as he clenched his fists. I needed to clean his wounds and feed him, it's what I did in this prison, it's my job. I reached for a key on my belt along with my medkit. The key's on my belt could open their specific doors, but I wasn't told about this new prisoner, so I need to use my master key. I was only supposed to use it if I need a key I didn't have with me immediately.
I quickly unlocked the cell door, stepping in and trying to be as quiet as possible. I closed the door behind me, locking it as I stepped to the prisoner. 

His body froze as he looked to me tears streaking his cheeks and bubbling in his eyes.

"P-p-please! D-d-don't t-touch me! L-l-leave m-me alone." He cried, voice wavering. I weakly smiled at him and move, so I was kneeling in front of him, my front legs standing, but my hind legs sitting on the ground. I pulled out the master key again, finding the keyhole on the clasp around the man's neck. I found it, clicking the key in and twisting it. 

The clasp fell, slipping off his neck, and I grabbed it before it made a loud sound. I gently rested it against the wall. I kneeled in front of the man, studying his wounds and face. His neck had a distinct line across the skin, it contrasted so much against his pale grey flesh. I reached for his hand, and he flinched, well as much as he could with his chains. I smiled at him again.

"Hey, hey. It's okay. I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm here to treat your wounds and feed you." I said, and he stared into my eyes as I spoke as if trying to see if I was lying. He nodded meekly, trying to smile at me, and I encouraged him with my own. 

I went for his hand again, and he flipped it over for me, exposing his wounds. He flinched as I touched his hand. I hesitated, I needed to unlatch his cuffs, but I don't know if I could trust him. 

"H-hey. Are y-you o-okay?" He flipped his hand, gaining my attention as I was staring at his fingers. I nodded and pulled out the master key again. My hand shaky this time as I unlocked both of his wrist cuffs.

ENDING ONE:
He flexed his hands, blood spilling from the cuts decorating his skin. He looked at me, and I looked at him, he smiled, but there was something hidden beneath his smile. 

I reached for his hand again, and he allowed me to take it. I turned my head to grab my cloth and cold water. My hand was inches from the supplies when the man's hand slipped from mine and crisp flesh pressed against my neck. My breath hitched, and it grew harder to breathe. 

He chuckled, his voice deep and demonic as his grasp tightened. His hands seemed to flex again, and a piercing pain surrounded my neck. 

"I thought you were so Pretty and Innocent! So willing to help me without knowing why I Was Here!" He laughed, fists tightening more. Breathing was so painful, my lungs burned, and my vision was becoming spotted.