xxxviii. a penut butter sandwich

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
avengers: endgame

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHTavengers: endgame

        5 YEARS LATER

Natasha was sitting in the avengers compound, head in hands as she tried to hold back tears, "You know I'd offer to cook you dinner but you seem pretty miserable already." Steve joked. She looked up, seeing Steve leaning against the doorframe, and Luna standing off to the side, arms crossed across her chest.

"You here to do your laundry?" She asked them.

"And to see a friend." Luna shrugged.

"Clearly, your friend is fine." Natasha reassured them, and pulled Luna into a tight hug.

"You know we saw a pod of whales when were was coming up the bridge." Steve told her.

"In the Hudson?" Natasha asked.

"There's fewer ships, cleaner water." Steve nodded.

"You know, if you're about to tell me to look on the bright side. Um... I'm about you to hit you in the head with a peanut butter sandwich." Natasha joked, and smiled at them. The couple smiling back at her.

"Sorry. Force of habit." He apologized, walking over to the two women and throwing his jacket on a nearby chair and sitting down, "You know, I keep telling everyone they should move on and... grow. Some do. But not us."

"If I move on, who does this?" Natasha asked.

"Maybe it doesn't need to be done." Steve said.

"I used to have nothing. Then I got this. This job... this family. And I was... I was better because of it. And even though... they're gone... I'm still trying to be better." Natasha told them.

"We all need to get a lives." Steve sighed.

"You first." Natasha smiled and camera footage popped up in front of the, showing Scott with his brown van behind him.

"Uh...Oh! Hi. Hi! Is anyone home? This is Scott Lang. We met a few years ago, at the airport? In Germany? I got really big, and I had my mask on. You wouldn't recognize me." Scott said.

"Is this an old message?" Steve asked, himself and Luna getting up.

"It's the front gate." Natasha said, also getting up.

"Ant-man? Ant-man, I know you know that. I need to talk to you guys." He said.

Inside the compound, Scott was pacing worriedly in front of Steve, Luna and Natasha, "Scott. Are you okay?" Steve asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Scott reassured, struggling to figure out what he was trying to say, "Have you ever studied Quantum Physics?" He asked them.

"Only to make conversation." Natasha nodded.

"Alright. So... five years ago, right before Thanos, I was in a place called the Quantum Realm. The Quantum Realm is like its own microscopic universe. To get in there, you have to be incredibly small. Hope, she's my... She was my..." He struggled to explained their relationship, "She was supposed to pull me out. And then Thanos happened, and I got stuck in there." He said.

"I'm sorry. That must've been a very long five years." Natasha said.

"Yeah, but that's just it. For me, it was five hours." Scott said and Steve shared a look of bewilderment with Natasha, While Luna stared at him as if he had grown another head.

"I'm sorry, can you say that again?" She asked.

"See, the rules of the Quantum Realm aren't like they are up here. Everything is unpredictable. Is that anybody's sandwich? I'm starving." Scott explained and walked over and picked up Natasha's sandwich.

"Scott, what are you talking about?" Steve asked.

"What I'm saying is, time works differently in the Quantum Realm. The only problem is right now, we don't have a way to navigate it. But what if we did? I can't stop thinking about it. What if, we could somehow control the chaos, and we could navigate it? What if there was a way to enter the Quantum Realm at a certain point in time but then exit at another point in time? Like... Like before Thanos." Scott explained.

"Wait, are you talking about a time machine?" Steve asked.

"No. No, of course not. No, not a time machine. It's more like a... Yeah, a time machine. I know it's crazy. But I can't stop thinking about it. There's gotta be some way... There's gotta be..., it's crazy." He said.

"I get e-mails from a raccoon, so nothing sounds crazy anymore." Natasha said.

"So who do we talk to about this?" Scott asked and Luna looked at Scott and Natasha.

━━━

TAYLOR SPEAKS !
hey! so, five years. I don't really know what to say anymore. I hope you enjoyed, and I will see you soon my loves 💕💕

 I hope you enjoyed, and I will see you soon my loves 💕💕