Chapter 12 - Percy

With the help of the other Avengers, the rest of the civilians were cleared out, and Percy and Annabeth managed to kill the rest of the monsters.

Percy had walked up behind Steve "Nice Job with that Dracaena"  Steve jumped, as if Percy had snuck up behind him and yelled "BOO". Steve DID do a good job getting rid of the monster. Percy thought, he had clearly underestimated the supersoldier.

"Oh. Umm... Thanks I guess" Steve replied "Speaking of, We need a way to kill monsters. We can't help you if we can't touch them."

Percy nodded. That made sense. "I'll talk to Annabeth" He assured.

He walked over to Annabeth who was cleaning off her gleaming white sword.

"Hey" Annabeth said looking up as Percy drew closer "What's up?"

"Are you alright?" Percy asked "There were more of them than expected"

"It's all the technology in this building. The monsters can sense it." She explained, "and I'm alright. Don't worry"

"Annabeth," Percy said cautiously, "I know you don't trust these guys, but I think we need to bring them to camp"

"What?!?" Annabeth exclaimed "No! What do we do if we decide we're a threat and attacks us? We can't afford a war with the mortals right now. Especially if our weapons can't hurt them!"

"Annabeth. I know there's a risk." Percy Argued. "But if the Avengers are going to help us, they need weapons. And if anyone can help us find Hecate's torches it's Chiron"

"So we go to camp, and bring some weapons back!" Annabeth shot back

"What? And carry an armful of weapons through Manhattan?" Percy countered "Besides, we can't stay here to long, we're putting mortals in harms way!"

Annabeth groaned frustrated. "Fine. We'll do it your way. But don't say I didn't warn you.

Percy smiled "You're the best!"

"I know"

"Right then." Percy spoke up. "Avengers, Gather round. Hey do you guys have a catchphrase or something?" He started speaking in a deep announcer's voice "Avengers! Unite?... Avengers Convene! ... avengers gather? No nothing like that? Huh."

"You called" Hawkeye dude's voice skeptic.

"Right. Umm. We're going to take you to camp." Percy told them "The monsters can sense us here, so it's not safe for the mortals. Anyways, It's about time you guys got some working weapons" He smiled at Steve.

"What do we do Cap?" Stark guy asked

The star spangled man with a plan shrugged. "I say we go with them"

"Great! Everyone to the quinjet!"

"Whoa. Wait. Quinjet? quinJET?" Percy questioned a little panicked "Ya no way. We're taking a taxi"

"Excuse me. But a taxi?" Stark crinkled his nose. Disgusted "All right fine no airplane. But we're gonna take my cars"

And so Percy went with it as the seven heroes piled into 3 of starks sport cars and drove out.

The ride was mostly silent, no one wanting to discuss plans with out the rest of the team. So Percy found his mind wandering back to his dream.

He shivered as he thought back on Tartarus, and the primordials threat to consume all of existence. And then Grover's warning. He told him to rescue she who had to be Hecate. Right?  Grover. Was he all right? Percy hadn't heard from him since the dream.

"Grover" He thought. Trying to exploit the empathy link between them. "Are you alright? Please tell me you're alright".

Percy let out a breath he didn't even realize he was holding when he heard the reply in his mind. "Yes Percy. Me and a bunch of other satyrs and nature spirits have gone underground to hide from the monsters. Well. Not literally underground. We're just hiding somewhere. I won't be able to talk to you anytime soon though. Good luck with your mission. Grover out."

Percy's eyes flew open as the car jolted to a stop. "We're here" said Annabeth from the drivers seat.

"Why are we stopped?" Asked Black Widow from behind them. "We're in the middle of nowhere"

Percy grinned back at her. "Follow me."

Ignoring the grumbling from the Avengers. The small troupe climbed up the hill. And then It came into view.

Camp-Half Blood.