#39

A/N: bonus chapter in celebration of one thousand votes!! thank you all so much. I know this chapter isn't that great, but I want you all to know how grateful I am. thank you for voting. and reading. and generally spending your time on sea green. it means so much to me. enjoy :)

Though they had found Annabeth, the group of demigods and wizards did not know how to get her out of the hut.

That was, of course, until Annabeth motioned to the exposed ground made from dirt that she was kneeling down on and mouthed, "Help me dig."

Seeing no other options, they begun to use their weapons to dig, while the wizards used their wands and accio-ed shovels over.

The demigods kept their weapons and used the shovels.

After what felt like an eternity, a tunnel was formed and Annabeth climbed through, her forehead beaded with sweat and her blonde hair speckled with dirt.

"Thanks." Annabeth sheathed her sword. "I thought I would never get out of there."

Then she looked up, and saw Silena. She eyed her warily. "There's something wrong with Luke. That, I know. Are you with him or do you choose our side?"

Silena seemed surprised by Annabeth's sudden confrontation, but she still answered.

"It has always been your side."

"I hope you don't make the same mistake as last time." Annabeth's voice was softer. Dripped with sadness. Her hand was wrapped around her Camp Half-Blood necklace, as if envisioning Silena holding the bracelet that had the mark of Kronos strung onto it.

"I won't," Silena promised. She sounded determined.

Annabeth nodded gratefully. She scanned the group. "Where's Percy? And Harry and Ginny? Don't tell me Hermione and Ron are gone too."

"They are," Nico said. Annabeth didn't look the least bit shocked when she realised Nico was there. She didn't seem at all surprised that they had managed to save Nico. "They're all missing."

"Missing?" Annabeth narrowed her eyes. "Percy's not missing. He wouldn't dare. Besides, I heard him just now. He's fighting a monster."

"And he still is?"

"Not anymore," Annabeth agreed. "I can't see the hydra anymore, which means it's dead. You should've seen Percy on your way out... unless something happened while I wasn't looking."

"The problem still stands." Nico twisted the skull ring that was on his finger. "They're missing."

"I know." Then Annabeth threw something at Nico. "First, though, I found this in the hut. I think Luke hid it there, thinking I wouldn't find it. That's not like him, but maybe he thought I wouldn't have escaped, too."

Nico caught his Stygian Iron sword, appearing very confused but also very relieved.

"Do you think they left without us?" Katie asked, continuing the conversation.

As if on cue, a large metal dragon flew overhead them.

"Was that..." A smile traced Annabeth's lips. "Was that Festus?"

"I think so," Travis said, his tone filled with awe. He watched as the dragon flew into the distance, the backs of five people being evidence that some of them had left.

"If two were Leo and Calypso, like Percy mentioned last time, that means three are on board with them," Nico deduced. He turned to his friends. "I can't believe they're actually here, but we'll focus on that later. Two more reside in the Manor."