Part 1 Nothing Ever Changes: Chapter 12 The Best Day Ever

Chapter 12

The Best Day Ever

After breakfast I went straight to my room changed in to my bathing suit, grabbed my surf board and went straight to the beach. It felt so good to get back in the water. It had been so long since I had gone surfing that I was surprised I had not forgotten how. The water was just as cool as it was blue. The sand was as soft as it was white. I had never seen a beach like it. The waves were amazing. I had a blast. When I had finished surfing I laid down on my board and closed my eyes. I must have fallen asleep because I did not even hear him walk up.

"BOO!!" he shouted.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Sam, don't scare me like that," I said as I sat up, my hair would have been covered in sand, but thankfully I was laying on my board. I got a good look at him, and I realized I had never seen him without a shirt on.

"Sorry, what are you staring at?" he asked.

"Nothing," I said.

"Well, I brought some lunch, would you like a sandwich?"

"Sure, I would."

"Sam, Sam, earth to Sam what's going on, why are you acting so weird?" I asked as I finished the last bite of my sandwich a few minutes later.

"Nothing, I was just thinking."

"Thinking about what?"

"About how beautiful you are," he said. I could feel my self-blushing, no one had ever called me beautiful except my brother, but that doesn't count.

"Is there something wrong?" he asked, I could tell he was worried about why I didn't answer.

"No, everything is perfect." And it was.

The rest of Sam and I's day was perfect as well. We went riding on the beach, we watched the sunset from the highest tower we could find, danced, put our pjs on, and watched a movie. During the movie we fell asleep in each other's arms and we didn't even know it.

"Ahem," coughed a loud voice the next morning.

"What," Sam and I both said as we sat up. It was Andrew, I must have not set my alarm because he normally does not come to get me unless I am late.

"What is going on here?!" he asked.

Oh no, not this again I thought remembering Will and Tom's reaction to the last time we were found in each other's arms.

"We were watching a movie, and I guess we fell asleep," I said as I climbed out of bed.

"Well I don't think father will be very happy with this. Get dressed and meet me down in the courtroom, everyone is waiting," he said as he left.

"Why does this always happen?" Sam asked me.

"I don't know, let's just get dressed and go down stairs before we get into more trouble," I said.

Once we had gotten dressed we headed down stairs. When we got to the courtroom, my father, Will, Andrew, Tom, Sam's dad, Tom's dad, and a few people I did not recognize were already there.

"Good, we are all here, now we can begin," said my father.

"Father, aren't you going to tell them off for sleeping in the same room?" asked Andrew.

"Nothing happened, right?" father asked Sam and I.

"No sir, I would never do anything to mess up my relationship with your daughter, I love her," said Sam.

"Well in that case, it is alright, as long as nothing happened," said my father.

"I promise you sir, nothing happened."

"Good, in that case let's begin," said father.

"Begin with what father?" asked Will.

"With your training of course, you my children are our only key to defeating Mr. Jones," he said.

Before our training began, we meet the other students. Their names were. Elena and Jenny (who are sisters), Eliza and Jack (who are brother and sister), Molly, Alexander, And Anna. Once we had meet everyone, our training began. We first had to be tested so father could learn our skill levels. Then we were told to go get some lunch and to report to a special room where our assignment would be given to us in one hour. Little did we know that our test was not over.

During lunch we had time to spend with our new classmates. We learned that they are also half elf and have been friends for a long time. We had lost track of time getting to know our new friends and were almost late for class. When we got there no one was in the room. We all approached the table in the center of the room, as we did the door closed and locked. We were trapped. We decided to continue towards the table. When we got up to it we saw a piece of paper. Jack, who had gotten their first picked it up and read aloud what it said. "Dear children, this is the second and final part of your test. If you can get out of this room and to the courtroom without being caught then you are the group we have been looking for. You all must get to the courtroom by 5 pm, if not you would have failed. You have three chances. If you get caught all three times then you would have failed, good luck to all of you. King Jordan"

"Well, the door is out, it is locked tight," said Alexander as he turned his muscular body back towards the group.

"We could try the window," suggested Sam.

"I just looked, there are guards everywhere," I said. We spent the next 2 hours trying to think of a way out. We were moving a bookcase to see if there was anything to help us when we found an air vent.

"I got it!!!" said Tom. "If we could find some way to open the vent then we could crawl through the vents till we find the court room."

"That just might work," said Elena as she played with her auburn hair.

"Let's give it a try," said Sam, so we did. We spent the next hour trying to open the vent till we finely succeeded.

"Okay, we have to hurry. We only have an hour till we need to be in the court room," said Will.

"Well let's go," said Jenny, who too had auburn hair. We made a few wrong turns, but we did it, we got to the court room with 2 minutes to spare, but now we had to figure out how to get out of vent which was not down low. Once we got it opened we had to slowly lower our selves without anyone noticing. But we did, as the clock struck 5, Molly with her jet black hair landed on the ground.

"Well, I see you managed to get to the court room by 5," said father as he walked in the room. "May I ask how?"

"We found the air vent behind the book case and crawled through it till we found the court room," I said proudly.

"Well, you have passed the final test, so let me tell you now what this was all about," said Andrew. "We have been looking for a group of teenagers who could go on undercover missions for us, dealing with Mr. Jones. Don't worry, you will not be going back to the school, we already have kids and teachers undercover there. The main question is, are you willing to except the challenge?" with that we all nodded our heads.

"Father I do have a question, is Professor Adams one of your under cover people?" I asked.

"Yes, but how did you know?" He asked.

"He always just seemed nicer to us, especially Will and I, even when Will and Tom created a mud slide on the 2ndfloor of the education building and he got caught in it he did not turn them in," I explained.

"He certainly is a good man, and I heard about that mudslide you two, and don't worry I have great need for talents like that. Now is there any more questions, no, good. Now the path you must take will be long and hard, but together you can achieve great things," said my father.

"Now, go get cleaned up for dinner, we have a special surprise," said Andrew. With that we all headed off in our separate directions.