Part 1 Nothing Ever Changes- Chapter 1 Nothing Ever Changes

Awoken by the blaring beeping sound coming from my alarm, I slowly rolled over and turned it off. As I looked at the round clock on my night side table it read the same thing as it did every morning, 7 am. I slowly crawled out from under my warm covers and slid off my four-poster bed and on to the hard, cold, wooden floor. With that I began the same old routine that I did every day. I pulled on my school uniform that had been set out on a chair the night before (that day I wore a simple skirt, white blouse, tie, sweater, and my Mary Jane's) and headed to my bathroom were I washed my face, brushed my teeth, cleaned my glasses, that covered my green eyes, and combed out my long curly red hair. By the time I was ready to go the clock on my nightstand read 7:30, meaning it was time to grab my books and head from my dorm building down to the dining hall. It was a beautiful fall day as I made my way out side. As I made my way across campus, I couldn't help but think about what my life would be like outside of this place. I wondered that quite often, where would I live, where would I go to school, and would I be happier their. I surely hopped I would.

When I arrived at the dining hall attached to the education building I immediately grabbed a bagel and started to look up and down the long rows of tables in their neat little lines for my brother Will and our friend Tom. We were allowed to sit wherever we wanted, except the "chosen ones" got to sit at a special table near the front. When I had finally found them, thanks to Will's shaggy red hair, we started the same old boring conversation that we had every day.

"Hey guys, what's up?" I asked as I walked up to them. They were sitting at a small round table in the back corner as far away from the chosen ones as possible.

"Not much," said Will as he took a bite of toast that he had smothered in apple butter.

"You guys say the same thing every day, and I'm sick of never knowing what it's like to be out of this prison!" Said Tom as he slammed his glass of apple juice down, some if its contents spilling out on to the old wood.

"Chill Tom, if "one of them" heard you they would take you to Mr. Jones and that would not be good," I whispered so not to be heard by anyone other than us as I spread strawberry cream cheese on my bagel. Tom was the smartest person I knew, but also had a big mouth that quite often got him in trouble.

"I don't care what they think, and I'm not afraid to say it."

"I'm not in the mood to have you getting us into trouble."

"He has a point Lu, we can't go living in fear our entire lives," said my insanely smart older brother (even though he usually choose to not us his brain) as he swallowed the last bite of his toast.

"But we have to be careful, and I do not live in fear I just don't want to die," I said trying to end the conversation so I could eat in peace.

"I'm starting to think that dying is a better alternative to this life," said Tom with a slight snark in his voice.

"We've never known what life is like outside of these walls, and if we have to spend the rest of our lives living like this, we may as well be dead," said Will being mellow dramatic as always. I quickly looked around to make sure no one was around before responding to Will.

"Look, I have a feeling things are about to change, but in the dinning hall is not the place to discuses this," I said as I took the last bite of my bagel. "Anyways, I'm late for geometry," with that I picked up my books and stood up to leave. Knowing I was right, neither one of them said anything as I left to go to class. It was hard living in this place, but is all any of us have ever known. Who even knew if we could survive in the real world if we did find a way out, it was better to not even think about it.

Geometry was as boring as ever. We learned about proofs, which are very annoying and make no sense to me. It could also have something to do with the fact that I hate math unlike Tom and Will when he actually used his brain. I did find one thing interesting though. While I was waiting for class to start I heard some girls talking about a hot boy they had never seen before. I thought they were just being their same old selves and had just never noticed him, but as class started I thought maybe I could be wrong. We did sometimes get new students, but it was very rare. If there really is a new student I thought, it was mainly a hopeful wish, then maybe he could be our ticket out of here. With that geometry began and I was pulled out of my train of thought.

Once Geometry was over I headed to ancient language. There we only spoke in the ancient language. Which is also called the forgotten language. It is the only language taught here. I am not sure why, but as usual Mr. Jones claims that it is for our own good. Mr. Jones does a lot of things that he claims is for our own good, but I have always said that it was debatable. People rarely ever saw him, except for the chosen ones. If you did see him, most likely you were in some major trouble. When you were taken to see him, you either were never the same, or didn't come back at all.

After Ancient language I went to AP History were we learned the ways of the humans, and magical creatures. It is one of my favorite classes, but one of my hardest. Before I got to go to lunch I had AP Biology, which was easy as usual. I always got very board with my classes, they were very easy for me. Will and Tom would tell you I struggled, but that would be a lie.

Once I had finished Biology I went to lunch. There I sat by myself at a small table in the back until Will, Tom and our friend Jack got there. Their day had been just as boring as mine, except, they had met a new kid.

"Lu, we meet a new kid!" said Will as he sat down at the table, his face covered in dirt, probably from his herbology class.

"Are you sure?" I asked them thinking that they were crazy.

"Positive, he is your age and knows nothing about magic," said Will as he pushed his very nerdy looking glasses up his freckled and dirty face.

"He is very good at normal academics though, maybe he can tutor you," said Tom who never believed I was smart just because not all my classes were AP like him.

"Nice Tom, way to make me sound stupid," I said trying to not pick a huge argument in the middle of the dinning hall.

"Your not stupid, just challenged," he said in his oh sweetie its okay voice.

"What ever Tom, I have good grades!" with that I got up and walked to charms leaving the rest of my lunch behind. As I left I thought to myself if I would ever be able to finish a meal without them ruining it. No matter what was happening one of use was always leaving angry.

Once charms was over I went to potions. There we learned about healing potions, which are very complicated. My last three classes were Transfiguration, Curses 101, and weapons training which need no explaining.

After a long day of studying and training I headed back to my dorm room to take a shower, but that was when I ran into him. The boy who would change my life forever.