Part 1 Nothing Ever Changes- Chapter 6 Things Get Serious

The next day we were in our correct places at the right time. Sam and I were sitting on the steps of the education building pretending to be studying for ancient language when we heard the screams, everyone ran inside to see what was going on, except us. We walked over to the statue and started looking around it. Just then Tom and Will ran up, meaning we had less time than we thought.

"What did you do to make everyone scream?" I asked knowing that they were some of the biggest pranksters in the entire school.

"We created a mud slide on the second floor," said Tom proudly.

"Awesome," said Sam who was still getting use to the whole magic thing.

"Yeah and Professor Adams got caught in it," said Will trying not to laugh.

"Poor Professor, he is one of the nice ones," I said.

"Well What about you guys, what have you found?" asked Will.

"Not much, we were just about to try tapping it," I said.

"Well tap way," said Tom. Then I taped the statue on the back of the head three times and a hole opened up in the ground in front of it.

"That must be the passage way out," said Tom as he looked down into the hole.

"Good, it is big enough for horses to fit through so we don't have to walk the whole way," I said as I closed the passage way by tapping it again.

"When should we leave?" asked Sam who did not like being at the school.

"This weekend, because there is a party on Friday night and everyone will be there, so questions will not be asked why we are out after hours," said Will. So we planned to leave that Friday night.

The next morning we were eating breakfast with Jake when Alice and Chase walked up and grabbed him and said, "Mr. Jones wishes to see you about the mess you made yesterday."

"What, I didn't do that, but, whoever did is a genius." he said, but they didn't care what he said and lead him off.

"This is getting bad, I don't think we will be able to wait till Friday to leave," I whispered so not to be over heard. Jake hadn't been the only one taken to Mr. Jones in the past few weeks. More and more people were being taken to his office. Some never came back, and those who did were never the same. It was only a matter of time before we too were taken to see him.

"Your right, we will leave tonight," said Tom as he got up to leave for class. It was a good thing it was only a half-day so we would have time to get ready for our great adventure.

I was sitting on my bed room floor with a half packed duffel bag and halfway cleaned weapons when Sam walked in still dressed in his school uniform.

"How's it going?" he said, as he sat down across from me.

"Pretty good, I'm almost done, I think."

"I'm finished so I can help you."

"Okay," I said wanting to spend some time alone with him before we left. As we packed he continued to tell me stories of the outside world.

With his help the job was done in no time. Sam and I had a blast, by the time we were finished I was crying because I was laughing so hard. We continued to hang out even after we had finished packing all I would need to take with me. He had a lot of funny stories to tell. I also found out that he had lived on a farm with his grandparents. I then told him all about growing up in the school, which did not take long though considering nothing ever changed till he arrived. We were having so much fun telling stories that we lost track of time.

"I better go get changed, I'll see you later," said Sam as he stood up to leave.

"Wait, will you meet me in the hall in about 10 minutes to help me with the horses?" I asked as I too stood up.

"Of course, I would love to help you," he smiled. As he was about to leave he closed the space between us and kissed me very lightly on the cheek. Then he left to go get ready for the begging if the greatest adventure ever!