Part 1 Nothing Ever Changes Chapter 8 Our Journey Continues

I let them fight for a few minutes thinking they would come to reason, but I was wrong. I had to eventually break up the fight for fear that Will and Tom would beat Sam up beyond repair because they were so much more experienced.

"Cut it out!!!!" I shouted as Tom threw a punch at Sam. They then all turned to look at me.

"Stop fighting, we need to get moving, Will and Tom, get over it I like Sam and you are not going to change my mind, so let's get moving before they realize we're gone," with that I stormed off to start getting ready for the long road ahead.

Before we could leave they had to clean themselves up. While I was busy packing up the tents Sam walked over with a cloth to his nose. His blond hair was covered in blood, along with is perfectly smooth skin. The one thing that was still the same was his beautiful bluish/grey eyes. He was tall for his age, but not too tall. Behind him walked up Tom and Will. Tom and Will did not look as bad. Will's red hair still looked like mine and Tom's brown hair was still brown, but they did have a few bruises. This made me happy to see because it meant Sam had picked up some survival and fighting tips in his short time at the school.

"We're sorry, we shouldn't fight among ourselves, it will only cause more problems," Sam remarked as he continued to wipe the blood from his face.

"I am glad you see reason, but you guys need to get cleaned up while I finish getting ready to leave," I added as I continued packing.

"Okay Lu, again we are really sorry," said Sam as he walked up and but his free hand on my shoulder.

"Maybe you are," bellowed Tom.

"Tom, Will behave yourselves please," I begged turning to

"Fine, we can try," muttered Will as he turned to go get the rag in his hand wet agian.

Within in the hour we were back on our journey. Even though reason had been found there was still tension that had not been there before. Everything was different; there was not that same friendly air that there had once been. I remember hoping that they would not make me choose between them. The only time the boys would talk to each other is when we got out the map to look where we were going, even then they did not agree on where to go.

When we got to where we were going to make camp it was no better, it actually got worse.

That night while I was tending to the horses Tom walked up. I could tell there was something on his mind just by looking at him.

"Hi Tom," I said as I looked up from what I was doing.

"Hey Lucy, there's something I need to tell you," he mumbled. I could tell he was nervous, because he kept looking around and wringing his hands.

"What is it Tom, you can tell me anything."

"I love you, I always have and always will," he proclaimed not wasting any time. His blue eyes got wide as he watched my reaction. Before I could respond with words Sam walked up.

"Hey Lu," he said as he put his arm around my shoulder. He then gently kissed me on the cheek.

"I better go help Will with dinner," Tom stammered as he walked off, I could tell he was mad that we did not finish our conversation.

"So, what's going on?" asked Sam as he moved so he was standing in front of me.

"You've been with me the entire time, so you know what's going on," I said as I turned back to my work not wanting a repeat of this morning.

"I mean, what did Tom want?" he asked.

"Oh nothing," I said brushing off the question like it was nothing.

"Lu come on, I know he wanted something."

"Fine, he wanted to tell me that he loved me."

"What?!" he fumed as he turned to look at Tom who was next to Will. Sam then clenched his fist into tight balls.

"Sam, don't be mad, he was only telling the truth," I said soothingly as I put my hands on top of his hands.

"I'm going to be mad, he is hitting on my girlfriend!" he stated. You could practically see the steam coming out of his ears.

"Sam, don't worry, I don't feel the same way, I love you," I assured him hoping that it would relax him.

"Still, what if we get in a fight and you go running to him, and then I tell you I'm sorry and want to get back together and you don't because of him?"

"Sam you are being paranoid, I don't love Tom, I love you get that in your head and keep it there."

"You're right, there is nothing to worry about," he said trying to reassure me, even though I could tell he did not fully believe it.

That night dinner was even more awkward than earlier that day. No one talked at all which again got me thinking that I would have to choose between my brother and my boyfriend. We all turned in early partially because of the tension, but we were all tired as well and the weather was starting to turn bad. I was sleeping peacefully when a loud scream woke me up.

"What is going on?" I asked as I crawled out from my tent. "Oh my gosh, are you okay?" I asked. It had turned out Sam's tent had collapsed on him because of the storm that was going on around us.

"I think so," he said as I helped him out from under his collapsed tent.

"Oh, too bad," said Tom who had just walked up.

"Be nice Tom," I said as I looked over Sam to make sure there were no new injures.

"Sam and I can share my tent," I then said trying to make this go fast so we could get out of the rain.

"No, he can stay in mine," said Will as he walked up. Just then Tom's tent collapsed from the rain and wind as well.

"Looks like Sam is staying in my tent, because Tom has to stay in yours," I said quickly so he could not respond. Then Sam and I got his wet things and moved them in to my tent. My brother strongly disagreed with this, but no other solution could be found seeing as Tom would beet Sam up if they were to share a tent, and Will also did not want me sharing a tent with Tom.