twenty one[part 1];

holland's pov;

2 months later...

"holland, babygirl, you gotta wake up." he whispers softly from beneath me. i can feel the vibrations from his chest. i groan quietly. "i know you don't want to but we're already going to be late." i can feel
his body move out from under me causing me to fall flat on the mattress. he then puts his hand on my waist and squeezing lightly knowing it will jolt me awake.

i immediately roll away from him into the floor and we both burst into laughter. "baby, are y-you okay?" he manages out through laughs. all i could do was nod before calming myself down.

"you know jacks cookout starts at 11. it's 10:30, we gotta get moving." he informs, grabbing my wrist to pull me up off the floor.

"are you sure he even really wants us there?" i whine, like i had been doing since i found out about the cookout 2 weeks ago. i'd been trying to get out of it but he wouldn't budge. he really wanted to go.

"no matter what's happened over the past couple months, jacks still my best friend and i'm still his. and he knows it, that's why he invited me."

"or maybe he invited us because that was the kind thing to do, not because he wants us to come but because it was kind." i suggest, "to avoid drama." i add.

"why are you so eager to feel hated and unwanted? jacks not going to invite anyone he doesn't want to come." he continues to ensure.

"i know jack does not want me there, it's different for you guys, you forgive each other so easily. the only reason i was even invited is because i'm with you. if i wasn't, i wouldn't be allowed anywhere near jacks."

he pulls me close to him by my waist, "stop fighting this, we're going and we're going to have fun." he insists once again. he leans closer to my face and the. connects our lips. he pulls away after a few seconds and places his hands on the sides of my face, making me look into his eyes. "listen to me," he whispers softly, "i care about you, holland."

my eyes almost start to tear up just from that, that's how heavily he effects me. "i care about you, too, nate." he smiles and leaves a gentle kiss on my forehead.

A/N: super short and i'm so sorry!! it's been forever and this is a transition chapter into a new storyline, i just thought i'd give you something