❃Extended Summary + Playlist❃

SUMMARY OF BOOK ONE

SUMMARY OF BOOK ONE

Ever since she was a little girl, Asake had been in awe of her father. He was a decorated general in the Fire Nation Army, always going out to protect the Fire Nation people. Since he was such an inspiration, she wanted to be just like him and inspire other little girls to go out and follow their dreams, no matter what. She was proud to be a Fire Nation citizen.

That was until she saw just how ruthless the Fire Nation truly was. The Prince of the Fire Nation spoke out of turn once during a meeting, and he was sentenced to the worst thing anyone could do: fight an agni kai. What was even worse was that he had to fight against his own father, the Fire Lord. 

Her moral compass was put to the test as she witnessed the sad realities of her life. The Fire Nation wasn't good people; they only cared for themselves. She knew what she had to do, even if it scared her. Her whole being told her not to jump in front of the Prince, but something pushed her to do it, ultimately entwining their destinies together. From then on, Asake and Zuko were tied together in search of his honor. 

The two of them, aided by the Prince's uncle, were set on an impossible journey: finding and capturing the Avatar that had disappeared a hundred years ago. Two years had gone by, and they had sailed over the entire world, with no such luck. The Avatar was hidden away somewhere, and Asake was starting to lose hope. 

Then one day, while they were sailing near the Southern Water Tribe, a blinding blue light shot up into the air. Zuko was sure it was the Avatar, though Asake and Iroh were skeptical. They had seen many things that Zuko thought were him, so this could be anything. But Zuko was right; it was the Avatar. He was a slippery one, the Avatar was, and they were soon chasing him around the world. With this newfound sense of urgency, Zuko and Asake grew closer. They had to be because no one else was on his side.

Asake had to go and ruin things, though. Keeping secrets always proved terrible, and she knew firsthand how that felt. Against her better judgment, she stayed with Prince Zuko, even if he was furious with her. 

That was when Asake's whole life tilted out of control. She didn't think things would ever be back to normal. She didn't think she would ever go back to normal, not after what happened to her. Some people are meant to be broken down before things go right.

PLAYLIST

fuego by alvaro soler ft. nico santos; "que hace tiempo que te lo niego, nunca dejarás de ser fuego."

smoke and fire by sabrina carpenter; "feel the heat so we started running, you know you saw it coming. but the memories are still in my mind, burning like smoke and fire."

hometown by sheppard; "well, baby, mixing our chemicals often results in a fire, but it's the heat of your heart keeping me holding onto the wire."

firecracker by skylar stecker; "bout to burn it up till the flames get higher. we can set it off till the rooms on fire."

dark side by r5; "even though these are our best days, we only do things in the worst way. let your hair down and dance with me. give into your dark side."

karma by new hope club; "you touch the fire, it's gonna burn. we call it karma, come on, you never heard it before?"

burn the ships by for king and country; "so light a match, leave the past, burn the ships, and don't you look back."

cautious by tyler shaw; "i'm standing in the dark, waiting for your light, like i'm off to a flame, i'm off to a flame."

welcome to the end of your life by the driver era; "wish you would've never thought twice. never got to save a girl's life. probably should've learned to play nicer."

hell would have to freeze over by catherine mcgrath; "i played with fire, and god, it burned. we were right on track, the lines were blurred, and it might sound harsh, but I'm putting me first."

risk it all by the vamps; "you could break it but I hope you won't. i'd burn it down, i'd light it up, for you, i'd risk it all."

what you want by the heirs; "if i said i knew what was better, you would start a fire just to say you did."

falling for you by lady a; "there's fire in your eyes, there's magic in your touch. it's too early to say, but it feels like us."

The lovely Sophie from thesterlings made the aesthetic down there!

Warning: There are mentions of sexual assault and depression in this

Warning: There are mentions of sexual assault and depression in this. Read at your own risk.

Here is the original cover:

Rights belong to Nickelodeon and the creators of Avatar: The Last Airbender

Rights belong to Nickelodeon and the creators of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I only own Asake, her friends and family, and her story.