8. Girls Day

It's been a day and a half since we've seen the boys and there's something about me that wants to see Reece. I try to make that feeling disappear, doing other things to keep my head busy but Reece always gets a hole in my mind. And I don't want that to be that way, because that only means one thing and it's just what I least wanted to happen. But I guess Hannah was right, you can't run away from love when it's chasing you.

This time without the boys, the girls and I have spent more time with our classmates going on field trips. Hannah has tried to find the guys on Instagram but gives up not knowing their last names and scolds us for not having asked for their phone numbers. I wonder what they have been doing these days.

"Maybe they are tired of us" Amy exclaims while looking at the ground to avoid falling. This morning, Miss Parker took us hiking in the forest that surrounds part of the mountain. Hannah has tried to make an excuse and it hasn't worked, so she has used me as an excuse to be able to go slower.

"I don't think so, Reece seemed very comfy with Giselle the other day." Hannah tries to say. I know she doesn't want to think the same as Amy because of the three of us, she is the one who has gotten more love for the boys.

"We didn't do anything." Hannah and Amy look at me incredulous and I reply trying not to fall. "Well, maybe we held hands but nothing else" my cheeks blush with the memory and I see how my friends smile. "Don't laugh at me"

"I'm sorry, but Reece and you are very cute together, maybe because you're both very shy." Amy reasons and Hannah nods in agreement. I look away thinking of her words but I shake my head to forget it. That is what they always say to make you illusions and then you end up with broken illusions.

"And you Amy, you're very quiet today and something tells me you're not telling us something." Hannah looks at her with narrowed eyes and Amy almost falls out of surprise, but quickly recovers. Hannah smiles self-reliantly "I knew, I know you too well."

"I thought about saying it now, but you haven't left me time to talk." Amy tries to defend herself but Hannah crosses her arms waiting for her to continue talking. "I may have met a guy and we're meeting in the pool today." Hannah and I scream with excitement and all the girls turn to see what happens.The teacher approaches us and we shut up.

 "Girls, can you stop laughing? Laugh once we arrive." We nod and continue walking but this time whispering.

"What is his name? Where is he from? What time do you have to be there? "Hannah asks non-stop and sees Amy who starts to look at us pleadingly. "Wait, how many people are going to go?"

Amy bites her lip and murmurs, "He's Scott and I may have said my friends are going too." Hannah looks at her with her eyes open to complain. Amy raises her hands defensively. "I'm sorry, okay? I panicked and, in addition, he will also go with his friends. Please. "Hannah and I looked at each other trying to decide what to do and in the end you ended up giving in to what Amy asks us, who embraces us smiling. "Thanks girls, you are the best, I knew I could count on you".

Once we have gone to dinner, we are in the room already dressing. I look at the bathroom mirror and think twice about going to the pool. I have always had a certain insecurity about my body and I do not feel completely comfortable going to the pool after having a full stomach. I wear a simple navy blue bikini with high-draw panties that cover the stretch marks on my hip. I look at myself again and leave after putting on a long Iron Maiden shirt. Hannah already wears shorts that combine with her black top and Amy wears a green swimsuit that accentuates her long legs.

"Girls, you are beautiful. Thank you very much for going, really "Amy praises us while she hugs us.

"Come on, it's time to see your boy" Hannah smiles entering the elevator quickly. She is quick for what she wants.

When we arrive, the boys are already sitting on the lounge chairs waiting for us. One looks up at us and one of the boys gets up quickly. He has dark hair, clear eyes, tall and athletic just like Amy had described his boy before, so he must be Scott. My friend really knows how to choose the best guys. He greets us with a big smile and calls his friends to make presentations.

"Well, I'm Scott but I suposse you already know that" jokes Scott and we can't help but laugh. He points at his blonde friend, "he's Chris and my other friend is Jake." finally says pointing at the other guy who shakes our hands politely.

"I'm Hannah and she's Giselle. We're happy to finally meet you, Amy has talked a lot about you." She always has to embarrass us. Amy coughs and pushing Scott, leads us to the lounge chairs. We stay there for a while until Amy decides to swimming with Scott and Chris.

"I'm going." Hannah shouts as she jumps into the pool. So, it's just me and Jake out. I lie on the lounger and try to bring up the subject of conversation with my companion.

"So Jake, isn't it? Are you here obliged?" I try to joke with him and it works. 

He lies on his side, resting his head on one of his hands so he can continue the conversation. "You could say yes, but I wanted to see who is the girl that Scott talked about so much." I smile for the answer as I watch Amy climb onto Scott's back laughing together. "And what about you?"

"I recently broke up with my boyfriend, and you?"

Jake starts to smile from nowhere, "I have a girlfriend, her name is Alice but she's not here, she's a great girl and uh, you do not know how much I miss her." I smile to see how much Jake is in love with his girlfriend, I would like my future boyfriend to talk about me like that one day. We kept talking about trivial topics until we decided to join the group. I take off my t-shirt quickly and throw myself into the pool so they can't see my body.

We play the battles and make two teams, I team up with Jake and Hannah with Chris while Scott and Amy are in their world of love on the other side of the pool. Jake grabs me by the legs to keep me from falling and I thank him.The game starts when Hannah pushes me hard by surprise but I return it even stronger. We are like this for a while: laughing and watching who falls. I smile with hope because with respect to strength, Jake seems to be stronger than his friend. Amy takes a flash picture that distracts Hannah, and I take that moment to push her and win. Hannah and Chris fall and I embrace Jake victorious.

"Who is the winner? Oh yeah, we are!" I dance and Hannah kill me with a look. We stay there for a while until it's late. I decide to exchange numbers with Jake who has been with me all the evening making me laugh. Hannah and I leave with his friends while Amy and Scott go on their own way, doing who knows what.

When we arrive to our room, Hannah post a photo on Instagram and we decide to watch some Netflix movies while we wait for Amy to tell us all the details of her rest of the night with Scott.