[L27] Candies

Lambo Bovino, eight years old, in his cow pyjama, was yawning when clicking the door open. The fat pillow sits nicely in his horns.

"Tsuna-nii, I want to sleep with y...?"

Lambo immediately went silent when he caught glimpse of the Vongola Tenth sitting dully at the edge of his bed, the white yukata hang loosely on his figure. The Moon cast a cold silvery curtain all over his existence as if it was nothing but an unreal ghost. In the teen's open hand lied a bunch of white pills, glowing weakly just like his own life.

A cold ran down the black haired boy's spine.

The focal distance was nowhere to be found in his eyes. It was clear that he was staring at the pills, so why do they look like they are seeking for some far away land that Lambo could never reach? Is it hope? Or salvation? Or even a miracle? Or is it that, his arms had given up the branch that stretched out to him, desperate to save him, and his Sky, of all people, was willing to bury himself deep in the pitch darkness ruling over the abyss down there, in order to run away from another darkness, far more cruel, far scarier? 

Sawada Tsunayoshi's haggard arms reached his mouth.

Lambo couldn't even scream once.

After a fierce sound, the little pills splattered all over the floor. The fanciful light of the Moon couldn't make it look more beautiful.

Two people lied in bed. Lambo squeezed his brother, hiccuped continuously.

He's scared.

Scared of those little-white-things-looking-like-candies.

Scared of the peaceful sleep will one day replace his precious smile.

Scared of the very aid which chased away his nightmares every single night will one day steal away the scanty tranquillity.

•~•~•

Yours, respectfully Shiroku Yonemuri

Also, A nameless Dreamer calling itself The White Cheshire