I quickly grab my algebra book and notebook and grabbing Rebecca's as well, I grab her hand once again, interlocking our fingers as we head toward Ms. Manson's class. 

I lead Rebecca directly to the back of the class, my attention on her almost unwavering as I make a mental note to ask the gamma's son why he's glaring at the teacher.

We still have a few minutes until class actually starts, so I'm not surprised when Rebecca leans over to chastise me. 

"What the hell, Kai?"

"Look, yesterday... that afternoon—not last night, last night was perfect as far as I'm concerned—but yesterday... it was wrong of me to tell you that I wanted you to do the things girlfriends do, without elaborating on what I meant."

Rebecca's expression becomes curious, though still a bit embarrassed due to my mentioning of last night. 

My heartbeat starts to quicken as I prepare to recite the speech I planned out on my walk to class. "I like you. I want us to go on dates. To build a garden with all of the flowers you like, to take you shopping even though I hate it, to have you get rid of all the spiders—which I hope you're not afraid of because we can't both be arachnophobes—to binge-watch Netflix and say we could do better than the people on Nailed It... and when you're ready, only when you're ready, the other thing you said," I finish with a laugh.

Rebecca rolls her lips inward, but can't hide her smile either and gives me one of the replies I had hoped for. 

"I'm not your girlfriend, we're just dating, got it?"

"Exclusively?"

She rolls her eyes. "Yes."

"Got it."

Our day is relatively calm, with six classes a day, we haven't been able to monopolize each other's time, but man, I have never been more thankful for my lefthandedness since meeting Rebecca as we held hands in every class.

Our only actual break from one another lasts for a mere ten minutes as she dashes to the ladies room with her new friends before lunch.

I busy myself with getting our platters, having to ask for Rebecca's by name since she has an acute sensitivity to table salt, and choosing a semi-secluded table for us.

There's a courtyard where we can eat from the fast food places in the outlet center, but Becks wants to see if the cafeteria food is any good before she shells out any more of her Dad's money.

It's odd to think of Leo as a father in law—It seems such a superior position to being his 'son-in-law,' but I don't dwell on it for very long as Frankie, a female werewolf from Leo's pack and my longtime friend, comes to sit beside me.

"Hey, Frances," I say by way of greeting, knowing she hates that.

"Don't start, green eyes. I need advice," she moans, stuffing her red-lipped mouth with some McDonald's fries. I attempt to steal one but she smacks my hand away. "You're mated to a human. How do you deal with not being able to stamp your name on their forehead so the world knows they're yours?"

I furrow my eyebrows. "You've found your mate?"

Frankie rolls her eyes. "No. I'm asking for a friend with brown hair and brown eyes named Frankie. What, does being mated make you an idiot?!"

I laugh at her antics. Frankie doesn't respond normally to most things, but then again, she thinks normal is for psychopaths and isn't afraid to show it. "Which human?"

"Mmm, you know Chad. Skinny, kinda dorky, likes computers, also doesn't notice he's a chick magnet?"

"I am familiar with Chad, yes. I'll see if I can tell him you've got a thing for him, without making it super weird. Humans like subtlety." Something that Frankie has always lacked.

She nods as if absorbing my statement more fully and shoots up from her seat, disappearing to god knows where. 

I shake my head with a laugh as I wait for Rebecca to return. She does and we're soon surrounded by her friends, as well as some of their mates. She shyly introduces all of us as she sits beside me.

"So, how long have you two been dating?"

Karen.

Contrary to what my father thinks of me, I have only ever had sex with two girls. The first was literally nameless, as in she refused to give me her name. She never told anyone about it, which I found odd. I guess she just wanted the title under her belt. The second was Karen.

Obviously not as nameless as the first, and regrettably, much more flaunting of her... accomplishment.

Her question is obviously directed at Rebecca, as the entirety of both packs is now aware of my claim on Rebecca, meaning Karen probably wants to try to make her flustered. I mind link a quick warning before squeezing Rebecca's hand lightly in mine, prompting her to answer.

"Not very long." She doesn't elaborate any further.

I look at Karen and see she wants to probe further, but heeds my warning, turning her nose up slightly before surrendering to the rest of the talk at the table.

. . .

Rebecca and I walk hand in hand back to our dorm building, with me leading the way to her bedroom. She opens the door and steps passed the threshold, attempting to let go of my hand in the process.

"I'll see you tomor—What?" Her eyebrows furrow in confusion as I clasp her hand tighter, pulling her into my chest.

I give a half-smile. "Aren't you going to invite me in?"

She blushes, looking over my shoulder rather than in my eyes. "Dating, Kai. It's a little soon for that. Plus, we're at school—we shouldn't have even done what we did yesterday," she whispers.

I frown, my heart splintering slightly. "And we won't," I croon, nuzzling my nose into the base of her throat. "I just—I don't want to be without you."

She laughs, one of the most beautiful sounds I've heard all day, and pushes me away, this time not trying to release my hand. "Fine. But you're not allowed on the bed."

"Done deal."

🤗✌🏽