Fourteen: I'm Never Safe

Diana P.O.V:

All of us were beyond worried. The Team and Percy had been missing for almost 24 hours and we had no idea where they were. Not a single clue. We didn't even know who took them. The only thing on the security tapes is something falling into the living room and then the cameras cut out. It was like they had vanished off the face of the Earth. I mean, I know it's Percy but come on!

A few members of the Justice League had gathered in the briefing room and were watching the tape again. Superman, Batman, Black Canary, and Roy were going over what had happened but if I knew Percy, if we hadn't already found her, either a demigod would or she would get back here herself.

I heard yelling coming from the briefing room. With the Team missing, tensions were high and everyone was on edge. None of us knew what had caused this and none of us liked not knowing. I had hoped that one of our enemies had come and taken them. Stupid, rich, possibly powered mortals Percy could deal with. If one or more of Percy's enemies had taken them, then they would be in a whole lot of trouble.

"ENOUGH!" I heard Canary yell. I took it as my cue to get up from my place in the living room.

"This isn't going to help us find them." She scolded. "We have to do-" Canary was cut off by a loud whooshing sound. We all looked at each other then looked around trying to locate the sound. We didn't have to look very far because just then, a large mass began to form in front of us.

Slowly, it came into focus. To our surprise, it revealed a battered, exhausted, and quite surprised looking Young Justice Team. We all rushed towards them. Artemis, Superboy, and Kaldur were all unconscious. Robin, Kid Flash, and Miss Martian looked to be in shock. My eyes scanned over them, looking for Percy.

"Did we make it?" I heard a small, broken voice ask from the very back of the mass of bodies. I took in a sharp breath. Percy. She looked like absolute Hell. Her hair was slick with blood, her entire body dripping with it. She looked exhausted, beyond tired. The rest of the League stopped and looked at her broken form. All of them gasped, some gagged, even Batman took in a sharp breath.

"Did we make it?" Percy repeated. She looked about ready to pass out. Robin cleared his throat.

"Yes. We made it. We're safe." He told her. Percy let out a dry laugh.

"I'm never safe," she stated matter-of-factly. Then, she slumped over, completely knocked out. 

Wally P.O.V:

When we appeared in the Cave, I was shocked. Everything had happened so fast since I woke up, and that's coming from me. It was like we woke up, we got beat up, and now we're sitting in front of the Justice League, safe again.

I looked over at Percy and I immediately pulled my eyes away. In the bright lighting of the Cave, I could see every wound, every cut. How Percy was even alive was a complete mystery to me.

"Percy!" Diana screamed and she rushed towards her friend. "Oh, my gods." Diana breathed out. She began muttering to Percy in a different language as she picked her up and hurried her off to the med bay.

"Who did this?" Superman growled while looking at Connor's unconscious form.

"It does not matter." A groggy voice said. We all looked up to see Kaldur, who was slowly sitting up.

"Kaldur, your arm!" M'gahn exclaimed. We turned and were shocked to see the nasty wound on Kaldur's shoulder was significantly smaller, and closing still. I looked down and examined my own bruises. All of them were completely healed. Even the cuts I got from our last mission were closing, healing on their own. I got a sudden burst of energy. Like I had just woken up after a good sleep. I felt like I could do anything.

"She's still saving us," Robin mumbled. We turned to him. The League members and Roy listened more closely. Robin cleared his throat.

"She's still saving us," he repeated. "Even now. Even as she is unconscious and suffering in ways we can't imagine, she's still helping." As he said that, the rest of the Team began to sit up.

"What happened, where are we?" Asked Artemis, holding her head.

"The Cave," I told her. "We're safe. Percy saved us." She looked at me.

"Percy saved us?" She asked as if the thought was impossible.

"Yeah. Percy saved you? Who's Percy?" Roy asked, stepping forward.

"Percy Jackson is the young woman who Diana hired to be a full-time trainer and mentor for the Team," Batman answered in a stiff voice. I grimaced slightly, remembering the night when the Bat first met Percy. It was really no surprise that he wasn't fond of her.

Roy opened his mouth to speak, probably about to question why we needed saving when the boy who had tortured Percy and kidnapped us groaned and woke up.

"Where am I? Who are you?" The boy asked as he scrambled to his feet, looking around dazed. Robin stepped taking the initiative.

"We're the Young Justice Team, and those men and women behind me are members of the Justice League. Do you know who you are?" Robin questioned, calmly and with precision. The boy straightened up.

"Nico Di Angelo." He answered. "I was going to visit my cousin but then..." He trailed off. He held his head and sunk to the floor.

"I- I was...no, I wouldn't- but..." He stammered. He raised his head, tears in his eyes. "Did-did I do t-that?" He asked shakily. I nodded. His eyes went wide.

"N-no. I-I could-couldn't do that to her. After, after everything. No. N-no! IT'S NOT TRUE! IT WASN'T ME!"