Thirty-Six: Something Amazing

Third P.O.V:

Batman had summoned the Justice League for an emergency meeting. Batman never called emergency meetings. While most Leaguers would immediately think he had discovered some world wide, possibly universal threat, Diana's first thought was this:

Percy, what did you do?

Do not misunderstand, Diana held her cousin in the highest of regards. Percy had saved the world time and time again. Everyone would be dead several times over had she not been as powerful and awe-inspiring as she was. She was pretty much on a separate level from the League. Diana had no doubt in her mind that Percy could take them out if she wanted to.

This, however, was most definitely a problem. Batman uncountably saw her as a threat, which meant that this meeting could only be going in one direction and it wasn't a good one.

The League in its entirety sat on edge around the large table in the Watchtower. Most of the Leaguers were apprehensive about the meeting, especially the younger ones. By calling the meeting and emergency, every Leaguer had been summoned, off world or otherwise. The newest members, Zatana and Rocket having just joined after "graduating" out of the Team, were the most on edge. They had really only been Leaguers for a few months, not really prepared for whatever situation warranted an emergency meeting.

Part of the Amazon almost hoped that Batman really had uncovered some conspiracy or a new evil threatening the world, if only to spare him from having to deal with Percy once he called a state of emergency on her.

The Dark Knight cleared his throat, gaining the undivided attention of everyone in the room. He tapped a button on the table, brining up the projector in the middle of the table and Diana's heart sank, hopes for a world ending event gone.

"As many of you know, Wonder Woman recently appointed a new trainer for the Team. The young woman she selected goes by the name Perseus Jackson." While nearly all the Leaguers around the table gazed at Percy's holographic projection with confusion, Aquaman, or more specifically, Percy's great nephew, nearly choked as he recognized her picture and name.

He looked at Diana, clear shock on his face, eyes wide. She smiled bashfully, hesitantly shrugging at his questioning look. Their small exchange did not go unnoticed by the Bat, who glared at them, specifically at Orin's reaction to the new information. He pressed on.

"After careful consideration, I have decided that is it high time that we did a thorough investigation into her background and skill set." While this was actually a completely normal request, he hadn't brought it up before and he certainly didn't need to summon every Leaguer to do it. Wonder Woman tried to keep a look of panic out of her face as she thought about what Percy could have possibly done to warrant the Bat's response.

"Perseus, or Percy as she prefers, has made a decent amount of progress with the Team. She has introduced them into different methods of fighting and has worked well with them overall. However, she has never shown any real display of power or experience. Until now, I had reason to believe she was just a skilled martial artist. A teacher." He looked to Diana, something cold in his eyes, a look she
couldn't quite place.

"Until now?" Superman questioned. He had never met the young instructor yet had heard praise from Canary whenever he talked with her, not to mention his own observations. Despite common beliefs, the Man of Steel did make a point to check up on his clone, Connor, every once in a while. He had a hard time interacting with the boy. How does one interact with a clone that was made without your consent or knowledge? In away, Connor was technically his son; Superman was never quite sure how to deal with that. He did know, however, that Connor had grown exponentially since starting training with Percy, whoever she was. He couldn't help but fell a little proud at Connor's growth. Superman shifted his attention back to the Gotham Bat as he pulled up a video feed.

"Until now," the Bat repeated grimly. "Recently, the Team had a mission at Bel Rev that went less than acceptable. Percy went along to observe. Things got out of hand. This footage we gathered from the prison should provide the context you need for this meeting." Batman pressed play and the security camera footage came to life before them.

The Team was chained to the wall with the guards and warden. A woman that none of them recognised but who had to be Percy sat at the end of the line. There was no audio on the footage, but it was clear that Icicle Jr. was trying to pick a fight with Percy in particular. Her face was hard to see from the camera angle, but it was clear that she was smiling. Whatever she said to the ice villain quickly made him back off, along with most of the other escaped inmates. They ignored her quite awhile and it was clear that they were monologuing.

After a short time, the Team sprung into action, no doubt having formed some kind of plan via their resident Martian's telepathic abilities. Percy, for whatever reason, had no part in this plan, simply sitting back and watching how the events unfolded. In a way, it made some sense; she was there to observe after all. She would see how their first attempt would go. Despite this obvious reasoning, many Leaguers found it hard to keep a little anger from rising inside them as the woman did nothing to help their proteges or former teammates.

The Team's attempt at escape, while well thought out, was in vain. They simply ended up being retied to the wall, only this time with the latest model of inhibitor collars around their necks. Many of the heroes winced at the hopeless looking situation. They knew first hand that the villains locked up in Bel Rev did not play around. To be facing so many of them at once and with an inhibitor collar that caused even Superman a bit of pain at it's highest setting... It was definitely not a situation that anyone present would want to be in.

What happened next, no one was prepared for.

Percy stood up, the chains that had restrained her to the wall seemingly gone. Icicle Jr. panicked, forcing a nasty shock into her collar. She didn't seem phased, even though she had received one with the rest of the Team only moments before.

It wasn't clear what she was saying, but Icicle Jr. seemed to freak out at what ever it was. He rushed her and in one smooth move that was like a blur on camera, he was down for the count; Percy's inhibitor collar on the floor next to him.

The League could only watch in silence as Percy easily entered a fight against hundreds of super-powered villains. Villains that even they struggled with. Villains they struggled with one on one. She took them down with relative easy. She was in no means fighting relaxed. She was working to put them down. She was just working at a steady pace and with a degree of comfort.

Out of nowhere, a villain with water powers caused a large wave to crash down on top of her, the camera fritzing as she was blocked from view. Most of the heroes around the table winced, assuming that the young woman had been taken out by the wave. To everyone's surprise, Diana sighed, as if regretting something. Orin on the other hand, looked a little excited, as if something amazing was about to happen.

And the raw power that Percy displayed as she took out every villain left standing was something amazing indeed.