Twenty-Five: Miss Me?

Percy P.O.V:

Ahh. The sweat release of chaos. As the Cave and it's unaware occupants begun their melt down, Leo took the time to slowly raise the volume of the Wii song. He also added, for his own personal amusement, a slight remix aspect of it. This, of course only increased the hilarious situation unfolding in front of us.

I took this time to begin Stage Two of Operation Spooky Time: Plus Ultra. By this, I meant shutting off all of the lights and leaving the League and the Team in complete and utter darkness. This gave Conner the opportunity to swoop in and steal all of the heroes' tactical equipment. Including their flash lights of course. Annabeth then switched on the lights we had installed into the Cave just a few hours prior: the rainbow strobe lights.

--1 day later: Tuesday, November 1st, 8:30 A.M.--

I had convinced my mother not to ground me because of my Halloween shenanigans. The night had been going great, lots of fun stuff. However, that fun ended when Batman decided to act like a little bitch, lock down the Cave and spread flammable tear gas into the vents to flush out us "intruders". I ended up having to clear everyone out of the Cave and back at camp then promptly passed out into a 6 hour coma. Stupid Batman.

However, since I was no longer grounded, I was able to go back to working with the small children who I saved and probably think I am dead. This will be fun.

Annabeth walked with me around New York as I slowly made my way towards the Zeta Tub. It was almost 9 when we finally turned the corner of the alley.

"Do you have to go?" Annabeth asked. I sighed. I would give anything to stay here, with her. Just roaming the city, a day to ourselves. For a good moment, I was seriously considering it. But I told Diana I would help. I gave my word.

Annabeth saw the silent answer that had spread across my face. I sighed in defeat, knowing that I would have to be gone for almost 5 days.

"Will you come pick me up on Friday?" I asked her. She smiled up at me, as if the question hardly warranted asking.

"Of course, Seaweed Brain. I'll bring you some tacos for lunch." My face split into a grin.

"You are the best."

"I know." She told me, bringing me into her warmth, kissing me lightly. I felt my face heat up as I pulled her closer. No matter how many times she kissed me, even if it was a gentle one like this, my mind would go blank as sparks spread their way through my body.

When she pulled away, I had to resist the urge to pout. After all, it was me who was leaving. She laughed at my probably stupid expression.

"Be safe, Percy." I smiled at her.

"When am I not?"

Batman P.O.V:

After the breach on Halloween, I had increased security around the Cave, initiating a near total lockdown. The kids were not particularly happy about it, seeing as they would not be leaving the Cave for a time being.

Just as I was about to shut down the Zeta Tubes, the flashed one more time and announced tbe arrival of pretty much the last person I wanted to see.

Percy Jackson-C3.

I heard gasps of surprise through the Cave as the Team made their way towards the Zeta Tube. They had been on edge for weeks, desperate to learn about their teacher's condition.

As the Zeta Tube glowed, I saw a familiar young woman step though the bright light. Her black hair had grown out a bit, but it still could easily be mistaken for a boy's haircut. A silver streak was exceedingly prominent, something I have not noticed before. She was wearing a pair of running shoes and black leggings. She had on a large, dark blue sweatshirt, a black duffle bag slung over her shoulder. I had to resist the urge to groan as Percy Jackson smirked devilishly.

"Miss me?"

Percy P.O.V:

I had to stifle a laugh as Batman's face contorted into a deeper grimace than the one that naturally rested on his face.

"Percy!" I heard a familiar voice shriek at me as I was tackled in a hug. I chuckled at the redheaded martian's antics and patted her head.

"Hello, M'gahn." She beamed up at me. The greetings when on for some time, each one of them taking time to explain all that had happened in the near 3 weeks I was gone.

"Why are you here." I heard a sharp voice cut through the cheerful attitude. We all turned out heads to observe a sour looking Batman. The question had come out as more of a statement, as if it was an order to leave. I decided to reply with a statement of my own.

"Diana wants me here." I informed him simply. He growled.

"Well I don't. The Team needs careful instruction, not random information from a teenager." The kids surrounding me looked like they wanted to object but were too scared of the Dark Knight to try anything. Well, almost all of them. Artemis seemed to rooting for the Bat.

"You don't seem to understand. I never really had a chance to teach anything when I was hear last. I didn't even have a chance to get started. I won't be wasting that same time again." I informed, a dark look crossing my face. The Bat scoffed.

"What instruction could you possibly offer?" I sighed. I was getting too old for this. With a flash, I dissipated into water vapor, although, to the naked eye, it would look as if I disappeared. I reformed my self directly behind Superboy, a knife to his neck.

"Artemis!" I barked, causing all of them to whip around and stare at me with wide eyes. "Kill Kaldur or Connor dies." All the people in the Cave gasped at my sudden change of mood. Artemis froze, completely unable to decide what to do. Even Batman looked startled.

"That is what happens of a mission. Something goes wrong and you find yourself in an impossible situation. Then you have to make a choice. And you have to make it right at this moment. Who are you going to kill Artemis? WHO'S BLOOD WILL BE ON YOUR HANDS?" I yelled, causing all of them to flinch back. I could feel the fear from Connor, who was shaking in my arms. I released him from my death grip. I turned towards Batman.

"You're too connected to these kids. One of them is your son for God's sake. You don't have the conviction to train them without mercy. I have no such connections. I am willing to break them. That is why I'm here."