"Remember those episodes I told you about?"

"Yeah....," I trailed off as realization stroked me. "Is he...is he having one now?"

Amelia's silence was my answer and I rapidly glanced ahead at the bathroom's door still closed across from my room. My blood ran cold.

"His dad and I told him to stay home. Alec did too. But he insisted on going. He really wanted to have a nice time with you guys. He wanted to leave a good first impression."

He wanted to impress my dad and Mia so much that he ignored his bad mental health and came here?

"Try not to leave him alone, okay?" She said, softly.

"Okay. Thanks for letting me know."

"Thank you for calling me back, dear."

The minute the call ended, I silently leaped off my bed and raced towards the bathroom door that happened to swing open just when my hand touched the doorknob. The door hit me, and I stumbled backwards, lost my balance and butt-landed on the floor.

"Ouch," I hissed, rubbing my sore butt while lifting my gaze up to find Cayden staring down at me, completely wide-eyed. 

I expected him to freak out, but I was left surprised when he...laughed. Cayden laughed.

"Shit. Sorry. Are you okay?" he crouched down to my eye-level, amusement still dancing around the edges of his eyes. He was trying to suppress a laugh.

I grabbed him by the collar and pulled him closer towards me. So close that I felt his breath on my face. I raised a questioning brow before asking, "You find this funny, huh?"

Cayden tried to suppress his immensely amused smile by covering his mouth with the hem of his sleeve. He tried not to stare at my lips. And then without thought, I pushed his hand away from his mouth, snaked my hand around the back of his neck and tugged him closer before covering his mouth with mine.

Caught off guard, Cayden froze for a moment. However, he slowly kissed me back, his lips moving again mine in the most exhilarating way possible. His hand one hand rested on my knee, and he placed the other on my cheek.

My heart immediately started dancing in my chest. This warm, fluttering feeling within me when his lips connected with mine, was something I could never get tired of. It was just so new and real to me. I liked that. I really did.

"Nice lipgloss," he mumbled against my lips.

"Uh-huh." I giggled and kissed him again.

And you said you were scared to be intimate with a guy again. Well, good luck, girl, a voice in my head said.

We kissed until I realized what could happen if someone climbed upstairs and found us making out on the floor in the middle of the hallway.

The same thought must've hit Cayden as he broke the kiss before I could. His cheeks were tinted crimson red and all the anxiousness and agitation had abandoned his features as he stared at me with a boyish smile.

He sat down on his butt and I reached my hand out to wipe the smudges off my glittery red lipgloss on his full lips. He chuckled and I giggled. And suddenly, we forgot the world around us and just sat together on the floor, smiling at each other.