Chapter Twelve - By the river

Start from the beginning

"Oh, is that Harvey over there?" I asked as Kennedy nodded and Nick turned frantically to look at him. He snickered and smirked at me weirdly. What? He can be so weird at times.

"Well... I'm going over to my friends." Kennedy informed me as I nodded slowly. When she walked away Nick burst out laughing. I frowned as he kept on laughing. What?

"What is it?" I asked him as he calmed down and looked over at where my sister was sitting with her friends.

"Sabrina is risking it all for that mortal boy, but he's falling for your sister." Nick informed me as my eyes widened and looked over to where my sister was sitting. Harvey was sitting next to her and I noticed how awfully cozy they looked.

"How could you possibly know that?" I asked him as he threw me a wink and pointed up to his head.

"Don't forget... I'm the best warlock boyfriend around." He chuckled. I smiled tightly but deep down felt I bad for Sabrina... She gave this boy her all and he was falling for my sister. I had to talk to Kennedy and tell her how in the wrong she was.

"Let's just leave... We can walk back home and enjoy the town." I said as Nick nodded and stood up. I followed as we both made our way outside.

While we were walking down the sidewalk I spotted the blonde new warlock from the academy walking towards us. He had a smirked on his face.

	Nick rolled his eyes as the boy who's name I didn't know approached

Nick rolled his eyes as the boy who's name I didn't know approached. "Hey Lucresia!" He chirped as I waved at him. Nick shifted his position and rolled his eyes, yet again. I could tell Nick was really annoyed by this guy.

"Hey you..." I trailed off as he laughed. As if he knew I didn't know his name. He probably did.

"I'm Asher. Asher Webster." He said with a smile on his face. Nick chuckled lightly as Asher smiled at him as if he only had just noticed him.

"And who are you?" Asher asked scrunching up his nose as Nick displayed only extreme fury in his face. It was visually obvious Nick was more than mad.

"I'm Nicholas Scratch, Lucresia's boyfriend." Nick smirked, stepping up towards Asher kind of sizing him up. Asher didn't even flinch as he looked at Nick with a weird face.

"Really? You are?" He asked laughing a bit as my eyes widened. Nick honestly looked as if he could kill someone. I grabbed his arm and pulled him back. He looked at me and his face softened instantly. He glared at Asher one last time and walked off.

I looked at Asher as he smiled. I ignored the strange guy and just followed my boyfriend.

"Nick?" I called out as he turned around and looked down at the floor. "I can't stand that guy." He stated as I smiled weakly and pecked his lips.

"Ignore him. He was just trying to get a reaction out of you and that's what he achieved." I said as he rolled his eyes and pulled me in for a soft hug.

"He just made it seem as if I don't deserve you, and maybe I don't." He said sadly as my heart shattered.

"Nick come on! You deserve me and so much more. He was just teasing, just like the weird sisters..." I said as he nodded, knowing that I was right.

I have never seen Nick let someone else's words get the better of him... He's usually so cool and composed.

"Let's just go back to your house. Your parents must be wondering where you are." Nick said all serious and I could really tell that something was just off. I simply nodded and agreed.

We teleported back home and after explaining last night (some of it) to my parents, we went up to my room and were just laying around my bed. I looked over to Nick and noticed he had fallen asleep. I smiled and sat up on the bed, not really feeling like taking a nap in the moment. I mean at this time in the morning I would usually be getting up.

Suddenly reality hit me; everything that had happened in just about three weeks. I'm grateful for everything but also scared... Scared that it's all an illusion. I guess that after yesterday and saying I trusted Nick, I still didn't believe in him 100%. I know it sounds bad but it's how I feel. I mean... Does he really want me? Is he serious about our love or is he just playing a game? His reputation isn't the best. He was clearly the kind of boy your mom would warn you about, the mysterious ones... The ones that with just a look could say a thousand words. The kind of boy that could literally break a heart in a bare second.

But gazing over at him while he slept I just sort of knew. I knew that Nicholas Scratch was all of that but he wasn't just a handsome boy that could break a few hearts. He was the most powerful warlock currently at the academy, he was the one that was there for me when I was just a deer in the headlights going into the academy. And I know that some things just can't be faked.

Or could they be faked?

***

I HAD THAT INNER MONOLOGUE IN THE WORKS FOR SOOOOOO LONG AHHHHH. What do you think about Lu's doubt? Should she be doubtful of Nick? Of should she be calm and believe all he says. Well the jury's still out on that.

Thank you for reading x

ps. we reached over 300 reads! i am SOOO stokeeeeed. And don't forget my boy asher because something tells me he's here for the long haul.