The Sword of the Earth

When we got there we landed in a graveyard in Salem, Massachusetts.

"Moon why is there mist around some of the graves?" Wanda asked a little scared. I remove the mist around the graves and see that they are some of the accused witches from the Salem Witch trial in 1692.

Nat started to read some of the graves, "Bridget Bishop daughter of Thanatos, Betty Parris daughter of Aphrodite, Abigail Williams daughter of Apollo, Sarah Good daughter of Ares, Sarah Osborne daughter of Athena, Giles Cory son of Hercules, and Elizabeth Howe the daughter of Hades and legacy of Hecate. So most of the 'Witches' were demigods and legacies."

All of a sudden a white mist came from Elizabeth's grave and a ghost was standing there looking at us curiously.

"Who art thou and wherefore art thou here?" the ghost asked.

"My name is Natasha Osborn the daughter of Athena and blessed by Zeus and may I ask what your name is?" Nat asked.

"My name is Elizabeth Howe the daughter of Hades and legacy of Hecate," She said with sadness in her voice.

"My name is Tony Odair the son of Hephaestus and legacy of Athena and Aphrodite."

"Calliope Wilson the daughter of Zeus."

"Wanda Romanoff the daughter of Hermes and blessed of Hecate." As Elizabeth nodded she looked at me curiously.

"Luna Nightshade the daughter of Hades, the champion of many gods but not all, and blessed by Zeus."

"So father had more children! He told me that he only has kids with women he falls in love with," she said as she looked at me with excitement.

"Why are you not in the underworld?" Tony asked.

"I don't know actually all I know is I was there and now I'm here," she said as she got a triffid look and vanished.

As I was about to say something to the others but a javelin dug into my thigh and I collapsed.

"Ahhhhh," I scream as a woman with harvest red hair, harvest orange eyes, about 10 foot tall, and a yellow toga. The woman summons the javelin back to her.

"Your the one that brought Elizabeth from the underworld," Natasha asked as Tony picked me up from the ground.

' "I didn't bring her back more like she is back because her grave was disturbed," she said as she glared at me with hate.

"Who are you?" I ask as I try to heal the wound.

"My name is Pleione the titaness of Plenty, Consort of Atlas, Mother of the Pleiades, the Hesperides, the Hyades, and Hyas."

"Calliope you need to get the sword and fast," I tell her and get up limping. Calliope nods and sneaks away. I pull out Sun and Moon as Nat pulled out her dagger, Tony pulled out his spear, and Wanda got her sword. I knock an arrow back and shot her in the bicep. As the arrow hit her she couldn't dogge it as she was trying to avoid Wanda's sword. Nat stabbed her dagger into her wrist and Tony stabbed her in the thigh. I can see Elizabeth helping Calliope get the sword from where I was standing.

"You will fail and you will die," she screamed as she fell on her knees.

I pull my bow back and aim for her heart. As the arrow hits her she starts to chant in an ancient language but she never finished. She exploded into silver dust as she glared. As soon as she was gone Calliope walked back over with the sword and Elizabeth following closely behind her.

"We can stay here tonight and tomorrow and then leave on the day after tomorrow," I tell the others and they nod.

"I must go back to the underworld but I may see thee again," Elizabeth said as she started to fade into the shadows. We all wave to her and sit on the ground.

"Are we staying in the cemetery for the night because that is kind of creepy?" Tony asked as he looked around nervously.

"Yes we are staying here and I will keep the spirits that haunt this place away," I tell them as I sit down.

"How can you do that if you are sleeping?" Wanda asked as she sat down across from me.

"The spirits don't want to go back to the underworld and they all know I will tell my father and my sister Melione."

"Who is Melione," Calliope asked from next to Wanda.

"Melione is the goddess of ghosts and the daughter of Hades and Persephone," Nat said from my left side.

"You are right Natasha Osborn," a voice said from behind a grave.

We all look up and see a woman that has dark gray eyes, pale skin, her left side was white, and her right side was black.

"Good to see you again little sister," she said look at me.

"How are you Melione?" I ask her.

"I'm good and I was surprised when someone said my name that wasn't you," she said as she looked back over to Natasha, "not many people know I exist you are one of the first to know."

"How do not many people know you exist," Wanda asked.

"The minor gods are not that known and those that do know about the minor gods don't honer us."

They nod as Melione said, "I must go but I may see you all again." With that, she flashed away.

"I will stay awake for tonight and sleep tomorrow if that makes you all feel any better," I tell them and they all nod.

As the others sleep, I started to get a bad feeling so I look behind me and see a man but then I blacked out.